Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Jenn,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know losing a pet is really hard. 

Chrissie

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I live in south Ca.  Jenn

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Sorry to hear your sad news Jenn.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

It's rather strange.. After asking the question about the spider I logged off. Turned on the telly to watch 'mythbusters' and there they were , milking a black widow spider. I did'nt realise that these things attack. The feline family are immune to the funnel web poison. What are rabbits. ?

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Matilda,

I love Mythbusters bear_wub although I've never seen that one!

We've taken our bunnies to vets, and all I know is that they're prone to all sorts of problems, but rarely show symptoms in time for effective treatment. Apparently the best thing you can do to keep them healthy, besides giving them proper food and plenty of exercise, is to get them neutered. In our case, a steady diet of leather shoes and purses seems to contribute to longevity!

How any creature can be immune to spider venom I don't know. Interesting.

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Rascal-1997.JPGJenn,

Big hugs from Me and Rascal......

Rascal was the sweetest little bun, also litter box trained and had his own drawer of veggies to nibble from in the fridge. Basil was his favorite! Boy did he chew! I lived in an apartment in an old house where the electrical and phone wires ran along the baseboard... exposed. I had to rewire the phone line twice!  :doh: He died at the age of 2 of a bacterial infection that caused an absess on his brain. Went to 4 vets who all claimed to treat buns before I found one who knew what they were doing. By then it was too late as more absesse had formed in his little body. Had to put him down. First time I ever had to make that decision and it was just AWFUL! But I imagine him hopping in meadows nibbling on clover, lying in the shade taking a nap and surrounded by other buns. Perhaps he's playing with Watson?  :angel:

Those doxies will be extra spoiled now, Jenn!

bear_smile  :hug:
Daphne

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I am sorry to hear about your bunny Jenn, and being bitten by a spider isn't even anything that you could have prevented. Pets are family members too.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Daphne, this bun looks like my one lop, his name was blanca - he was HUGE!

They were so cute - I use to walk them in the yard on a harness bear_original

Daphine,  Rascel was huge!  Poor baby!  At least he has Watson to keep him company.  Love ya :hug:  Jenn

My hubby and I record Mythbusters too!  Jenn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jenn, I made a mohair bunny in Rascal's honor. He's on my website. Maybe you should do the same when you are up to it!

Daphine, You live in New Hampshire?  I have family in Newburyport Mass.  I am still working on my first bear.  Hats off to you ladies bear_laugh Jenn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Again Jenn I'm very sorry for your loss. :hug:   But for the life of me I'm finding this really difficult to comprehend. It's just such a horrid tragedy. :hug:

OK folks you've whetted my appetite, pics please of these giant bunnies. Passed bunnies included. bear_innocent

Pages:

Board footer