Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya all!
I just posted this on another board and thought you all may like a laugh, especially the second translation.

It's great to see your own web site in other languages

I translated an add for one of my bears on my website into German and then copied the translation and then translated back into English, this is what I got.

Introducing Katelyn.
Katelyn is a lovable little bear. She is made from beautiful pink mohair with a darker pink tip. Her pads are deep pink ultrasuede with toe detailing. Katelyn is fully jointed with a wobble joint at her neck to give her an inquisitive look. She is 11 inches tall and completely hand-sewn, Katelyn wears her very best hat which is adorned with a pretty pink flower. Around her neck Katelyn wears a lace collar decorated with flowers and beads.

Translation:

Introducing Katelyn.

Katelyn is a charming small bear. It is done by the nice pink Mohär with a darker pink tip. Their upholsterers are deeply pink an ultragoatskin with the Zehe-Detaillierung. Katelyn is completely connected with a Wackeln joint in her neck to give her one look eager to learn. She is 11 inches high and completely handgenäht, Katelyn carries her very much best hat which is decorated with a quite pink flower. Around her neck Katelyn carries a shoelace collar decorated with flowers and pearls.

Now read this part, really funny. This is from my own artist profile:

Every bear I make is unique - just as all people are different so too are my bears, but with each bear's individual  character you can guarantee there will be a smile on their face.
Translation:
Every bear which I do is unique - even as all people have passed away, thus also are my bears, but with the individual character of every bear you can assure that there is a smile on her face.  :teddybear:

I had no idea that my bears had such a profound effect on everyone but it sounds as if my bears went happily as they were smiling! bear_happy bear_happy bear_happy bear_happy bear_happy

Jane bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Oh Jane,that's hilarious!!

:hug: ,Shari.

Pipa UK

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Oh, that's so funny, especially your profile bit. :lol:

I have seen auctions on ebay UK listed from somewhere in Europe, Germany I think. I think they have just used one of those translation sites but not checked it back again to see if it makes sense. They are quite funny to read and sometimes include minor swear words!!

Kate
x

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I too absolutely laughed out loud at this one!   bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin
Truly, how wonderful to know that though your bears will eventually perish, they will die happy... at least they will in Germany! 

Bear truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That is soo funny. I had a good laugh with that one.
Now maybe I'll be more understanding when I'm browsing thru a translated site.
Heather

Deb Upstate New York

Ohhh Jane ~    30.png 

Every bear which I do is unique - even as all people have passed away, thus also are my bears, but with the individual character of every bear you can assure that there is a smile on her face.

The word roadkill comes to mind.  Drive carefully today!  No backing over bears.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LOL LOL LOL  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Cracking up here!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Jane, I'm absolutely with you!!

bear_thumb bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

When I do translating (sometime :P) from English into Russian... boy, you should read that!!! Just the same thing.

Julia.
your bears are wonderful!!

Board footer