Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I mailed three of my bears out to a new home in the UK the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.....  and they STILL have not arrived.   bear_cry  bear_cry

I'll refund the collector in full of course, but I'm just gutted with my boys adrift like that.  I wonder where on earth they could be.   bear_cry

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Debbie,
Did you insure the bears and are they on a trackable service?  Even if not, don't panic - they may turn up yet!!  The Christmas post always slows things down at this time of year - I am waiting to hear about a bear I have sent to Canada, and I am also expecting a parcel from New York which was mailed three weeks ago.  It may be that your bears are held up in Customs - in which case you won't know until they are released for delivery.  So maybe start the claim process, but don't hit the panic button yet bear_original
Hoping they turn up soon!!
Christine

:hug:  Thanks for the reply Christine.   :hug:   I do keep hoping somehow they are being held up in customs.

Sadly I've checked into this with the insurance for the US Postal office last year for a bear going abroad.  They were all kinds of keen to sell me the insurance.  However, I found that the insurance only covers to $200.00 and they did not insure the package the whole way to delivery.  I was told once the package left US territory, the US Postal service was no longer responsible.  ?? 

They did not have tracking to a final destination either.  The number could be tracked so long as it was still in the US.  I'll dig out my paperwork and probably see if its left the US, but beyond that its a leap of Faith. 

Does anyone know if UPS or DHL insures delivery the whole way to destination?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Debbie, Find your customs form and then go to the US postal service website.  Click tracking and then type in your customs number (found right at the top of the form).  It will tell you the date and exact time it cleared.  If it has not yet cleared it will tell you the day and time it arrived in customs. 

And like Christine said, don't worry just yet.  It takes time...sometimes weeks to clear.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you...finger crossed. :hug:

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hi Debbie-At this time of year anything can happen with the post and parcels coming/going through customs.I just got an order from intercal which had been sent from them Nov.8th-usually get it in 7-10 days.So don't depair yet. :hug: Sincerely Jane D.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

It can take weeks and weeks.  A golly I sent to PenPen once took 6 weeks, and that was "priority" so don't be in such a hurry to refund the money, because I'll bet she wont be in a hurry to repay when they show up....be patient....

It is gut wrenching when they go missing though.....something I sent to Marion in France took 3 months-we both had given up on them and then they arrived.  go figure....

Patience dear heart!  It is hard, but you have to give the kids some time, they sometimes like to take side trips.  Especially if it is their first trip off the "farm".

gollyhugs and crossedfingers

dilu

:hug:  Thank you so much for giving me timeframes everyone  :hug:   Its been three weeks for the lads (and I daresay they're running amok somewheres in customs, probably nicking the chocolate biccies).  I sent them out via Priority/Air Mail.....that's why I was beginning to really really worry. 

The shipping is the only part of this 'job' that I hate.   bear_sad   I do nothing but pace until my furries arrive safely in their new homes.   bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fingers crossed, Debbie.  I mailed a bear to France soon after 9/11 and it got sooooo hung up in French customs.
With such tightened security, the package never made it out of their customs and showed up on my doorstep 4 months later.  Hope everything turns out okay for you.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yes Deb, I wouldn't panic yet.  The mail in North America is certainly slow and things between US and Canada are at a snails pace.  I've been told it's because of the dollar parity and Canadians ordering online - we are a nation of online shoppers! LOL!  If you add the Christmas rush on top of that, it could certainly take three weeks or more to arrive overseas.  Just be patient!

hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I have to ditto everyone else's advice and stories....... 8 weeks for a bear I sent to the UK once. And then it ended up back on my doorstep and I had to resend. I had the address right and everything so go figure! It got there in 1 week the second time!

Do NOT jump at giving a refund. Ask the PO how long you'd have to wait to file a claim. However long they say is how long I'd wait before offering a refund. When I asked they said 12 weeks!!!!!!!! That was a couple of years ago.

Your boys will be OK... where ever they are!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Well, i don't know if this will be of any help Debbie but here's the UK mail website URL http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/home/ whenever i want to track stuff being sent to me (via EMS) i just type the parcel shipping number in and see if the parcel has hit the UK yet - it may work to tell you whether it is here yet.
Parcels from the US and Canada can take weeks at the best of times but with the dreaded Christmas rush it may take even longer.........don't refund yet my dear, just wait a while.
The parcel could even be held at UK customs - they are real buggers for holding onto parcels, then they hit the buyer with import fees - no pay no parcel! Scrooges.
Good Luck Debbie,
Penny
bear_tongue

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I remember it took 4 months for a parcel to get to me!  When it did it was all taped up from where they had ripped it open.  Don't despair.

I"m so relieved I'm crying  bear_cry   My customer received a card saying they tried to deliver the boys today!!!!   :dance:   So tomorrow she'll finally finally get her boys ~ yippeeee!!!!   :bday:

Thank you all for your help and support  :hug:   Its been a growing worry and I'd reached the point where I was getting sick from worry about my bears.  Pity they can't have their own private jets.   bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Hi Debbie - I'm glad to hear that the bears have turned up  - like you, I am a WORRIER - every time I post off a bear!
huggies
Maria :hug:

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Yaay - a happy ending!! :dance:
Hugs,
Christine

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh that's good Debbie, I'm pleased for you, what a relief!!  I've got a bear MIA at the moment - he was posted with 4 others inland, the others have all arrived, but this one has obviously stopped off for honey sandwiches somewhere!!   bear_rolleyes    Hopefully he will turn up soon!!  *fingerscrossed*  Those pesky bears!!!   :doh:  :doh:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Debbie,
     I'm soooo glad for you AND your customer.  Now you can relax and enjoy the holidays! I have to tell you that your situation inspired me to change my shipping method yesterday from Expedited mail to UPS for a customer.  It's probably my last bear for this year and I decided not to rely on postal service.  I picked up the extra cost as a "merry christmas" for my customer, as she is a lovely lady who has bought many bears from me.  I've had good luck with UPS so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be delivered within the 5 days. I want her to have it for Xmas. 
     I'm sure your naughty fellows heard it was almost Christmas and didn't want to miss any of the goodies!   Take care.

Clare,  I do hope your little teddy will find it's way to her mum soon!  Fingers crossed for you.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer