Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

WhimzeeBearz Whimzee Bears
Moonee Ponds, Victoria

Hi everyone

Well, Daisy Belle didn't sell last week on ebay and I wondered what everyone's thoughts are on re-listing on ebay straight away (is that desparate?) or should I wait a while?  It seems a meagre question but I would like to hear everyone's views.  Personally I'm tempted to just re-list her straight away (hate unfinished business) but I'm a Libran and decisions don't come easy lol

Hugs
Michelle

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Michelle,
Yes, put Daisy Belle back on. Alot of people are away or just getting back into the swing of things after the festive time. :dance:  :dance:
Like you said its a business, and you wouldn't close the shop, if nobody walked in, would you.
Go with your gut feeling.
Daisy Belle is lovely and she will find a new mummy soon. bear_thumb
Love kayxx. bear_wub

Densteds Densteds
Website

Michelle, I always relist straight away, I just can't stand waiting....mostly I've found mine will sell on the relist...it just depends who's looking at that time, some people don't have access to a computer everyday..so don't feel too disappointed when they don't sell first time around, it just means that special person wasn't looking at that time...
Goodluck..Daisy Belle is gorgeous, she's sure to have a new home real soon.

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi guys, I always think I am sad to relist again and sometimes again, but after about a day, with no listings, I feel a bit fed up and really miss checking my listings (is this addictive as well???) bear_wacko

I have checked my ones that did not sell and I have felt that my piccies were a bit off, so I have tried to improve them, I also have a hard time setting prices. I am paranoid that my bears are not as good as others on ebay bear_cry Your bears look great, I think maybe it's just the time of year.
Ebay can be very hit and miss from what I have read, I think it will be down to personal choice...............I must admit, I don't know how many times I have had something in my watching that I know I really need/want but am just a few pounds short, the listing then ends and I have prayed that the lister will relist the item in a few days when I know that I will have a few extra pounds bear_grin

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

People tend to tighten their belts following Christmas spending now all those charges are coming due, and It's tax time which makes everyone more hesitant to spend.
I always have a big slow down following a Holiday, and then a selling spike with the next. I have learned to take a break following Christmas  at least for me right after Christmas is the slowest time.
I don't feel bad relisting, and your bears are just great I love the little gumnut!!

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Do it!

I had a bear on ebay about this time last year that didn't sell. It was a bear in a heart pillow for Valentine's Day. Thought people didn't like it. So I added a baby bear and made them holding hands. Re-listed about a week later and it sold.

I agree, people are holding onto their money. The economy is horrible right now, at least in the states. Don't take it personally. January is a tough month on the heels of Christmas.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I have also been wondering about this- to re list or not. I am trying all sorts of ways till I find something that works and learning with each step along the way.

I will have to re think the postage as I find it is too confusing for people to bid for an item not knowing the postage, especially when they see the item is based in South Africa.

Lynette

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

FenBeary Folk wrote:

......and really miss checking my listings (is this addictive as well???) bear_wacko

YES!!  It IS addicting!  Sometimes I start looking around the house to see what I can sell just so I can watch the auction  bear_wacko  Glad to know I'm not the only one  bear_tongue

Sometimes I relist right away... sometimes I don't.  It just depends on what I feel like doing.

I know there are some who relist right away - at maybe a $1 or 2 less... and sometimes it ends up selling for more than it was originally listed for!  It just needs to get in front of the right person/people at the right time.

WhimzeeBearz Whimzee Bears
Moonee Ponds, Victoria

Thanks for your input everyone.  I too, have the same thoughts, insecurities and addiction to checking my listings as everyone else so it sounds like we are all cut from the same cloth  bear_grin I have re-listed Daisy Belle and will see how she goes, fully understanding that it is a slow time of year.

Laura, I laughed so much I nearly fell off my chair :crackup: I had this vision of a bottom in the air, deep in a cupboard :crackup:

PS HOW do you do quotes, it keeps telling me off :whistle:

PPS Michelle, your piccies are loads better than my indoor ones bear_grin hope she does well :hug:

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I would relist also, but here again I would list lower with a reserve, people on ebay don't seem to want to start out at a high price. By having the reserve you would still be able to get your price.  Just a thought. :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Michelle,
The only thing that is predicable about auctions is that they are unpredictable.  All it takes is one person to make it a success.  And you never know at any given time if that "one" person is looking....are they on vacation, are they busy....etc..... One thing you might try is listing for a longer period of time like ten days instead of seven.  Or try another auction site like bid 4 bears.  Some people don't "do" ebay.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.  I am sure your teddy will find the right person. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL Sue!!!  Yeah, sometimes it does look like that  :crackup:

As for the quotes, I just hit the "quote" link in the person's post I want to quote - and sometimes to save space I take out the parts that don't pertain to my response.  Not sure why your computer won't let you do that..

:crackup:  :crackup: Probably cos I am doing it all wrong :crackup:  :crackup: I was hitting the quotes on my own blank post???!!!!duh??, thanks alot :hug:

Board footer