Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

best-a-leonie-tt.jpga22-lawrence-tt-name.jpgHi everybody,

I thought it would be nice to see pictures of the entries that didn't make it into the "winner's circle" and I will start with my 2 entries of crocheted bears in the non-traditional category, Lawrence and Leonie:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Marion, they are truly lovely bears.  You never know what the "judges" will choose...and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
My Chocolate Thunder did not get in but he won judged in person, a first place British Bear Award..... so judging is very subjective to say the least.  You never know what will stike an emotion or reaction from a judge.   bear_ermm

Here's my Chocolate Thunder who didn't get in...along with King Tut.  I am thrilled that Happy and Snow Bear were chosen...you you just never know. ChocolateThunder300RESZ.jpg
KING-TUT-RESZ-05.jpg

Marion, just enjoy your TOBY from last year and never give up trying.  You're a winner!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Those are wonderful Judi! Love King Tut

Mine did not make it either......

Tiffy Baby Doogle
tiffy03.jpg

And Sophia Cuddletails........

sop01.jpg

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Tami they are gorgeous! I would recognize your bears anywhere.   Keep on entering.  Never give up. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

And here's my - "one that missed out"
"alas, poor Yorick"- three Great Danes
Had huge fun with this one - it all started with the plastic dinosaur skull! You'll no doubt recognise Mikki's contribution - the amazing Great Dane dog........
huggies
Maria

3GreatDanes0017_600wide.jpg

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, these are ALL just so fabulous - I feel like I am looking at the list of winners - well truly they are all winners, even if they didn't get the nod this time around. Must have been pretty fierce competition is all I can say for these ones not to have made the nominations.
I really hope the other non-nominees will post their pics here as well -  it is nice for them to have their moment in the spotlight too and we sure appreciate getting the chance to admire them and all the hard work that has gone into them. Well done all!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi! bear_flower

Well  ....   You all look like winners to me!!!

Very well done anyway!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

All of these creations are just stunning.  This thread really shows how unpredictable awards can be.  These are all beautiful bears - you should all be very proud of them. :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Absolutely fantastic creations everyone, they are wonderful and all deserved to win  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

All wonderful creations worthy of winning, sadly only one can be  number one !!! I had intended to enter this year (rather glad I didn't after seeing this great work), however, just couldn't make the time. Congratulations to all who entered winners or not.
Susan

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love each and everyone of them. They're wonderful. However, with those not making the cut, I doubt I'll ever be entering any competitions!

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

It;s truly amazing how many talented artists there are out there.  You are surely all winners and thank you for sharing.

Maria, It was truly wonderful to see you final pieces.  Not at all what I pictured but they surpassed my imagination and are fabulous.

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

blake1.jpgHere's my little guy who did,'t make it. This was my first comp so i didn't expect anything, But now with 3 years of Art school coming WATCH OUT HEHEHEHEHE

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

hoot-toby-08.jpgWhat a great topic, must be so hard for the judges to choose the finalists, here is my piece that didn't make it, "Hoot".

puca bears puca bears

Penney, hon - you are too kind - THANKS!!!!!!!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
But honestly - these brilliant entries really DO prove how completely unpredictable the competition results are.
I  think that if you create something you are REALLY pleased with , you should try more than one competition.
Like Judi, I've had bears that sink without trace in one comp, and then take "best in show " for the next - you just never can tell how the judging will go.
And as for the nerves and stress..........the occasional reward makes it worth while............and, hey - if you have entered a competition, there is always something to look forward to.......
huggies
Maria

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

These bears are just fabulous as well.  It must be so difficult for the judges to choose.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

slid.jpgCongratulations everyone that entered, your pieces are fabulous.

Here was my entry.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Amazing work each and everyone, you are all winners just for entering the comp. As Judi says never give up  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

The-World-s-Coolest-Pirate.jpgthe-sweetest-doctor.jpgOkay, and here are my non-winners:
"The Sweetest Doctor Alive", 2,2 and 3,8 inches

"The World's Coolest Pirate", 4,5 inches

And a little riddle: Who were ny models for these bears?

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

These are all great creations :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Laurie :hug:

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

These creations are all wonderful as well!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: You just don't know from one year to the next to what they are looking for. Don't give up. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Some day when I get up the nerve I will try and enter. My hats off to you allfor giving it a go. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

K Pawz Guest

OH WOW these are amazing, What super enteries this year! You are all winners in my eyes!

Hugs,
Krista

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

THESE DID'NT GET IN? Remind me to send the judges a reminder for their next eye exminations before the judging starts. joke
JUDY: King Tut did'nt qualify? Well i'll go to the bottom of our stairs (as we say here in the UK), i just do not believe it!
I think all the unsuccessful entries are fabulouso and i shall be sending out reminders for eye examinations asap........but then, i'm biased
:whistle:
PenPen
bear_tongue

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Here's my entries that didn't make it.  I don't feel quite so badly about none of my pieces making it now.....the sting has lessened quite a bit and fingers are crossed for the Golden Teddy. bear_original   

Honestly, all the entries I've seen here are so wonderful bear_thumb ......I am just stunned that they weren't chosen!  Well done everyone, chosen or not!! :hug:

Iris4.jpg

Crispin1.jpg

Elliot1.jpg

Lara3.jpg

Board footer