Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

oldmanfacedoty2a.jpgShe has won the Industries Choice award for the Dotys....(Think Tobys only for dolls.....)

He is intirely sculpted and  he is tiny.....sure Michalngelo could get that kind of detail on a twice life size marble, and Michaelangelo is pretty darn hard to beat, but this guy is under 10" I think, I can't remember, and hopefully she will be up soon to correct my errors, but I think he is fantastic, and everything is hers....she sculpted and painted everything.

I am so proud of her, she has grown so very much since joining Teddy Talk, and that the Doll Industry would acknowledge this is simply the icing on the cake.

Way to go Kassie, You found your voice,

love
di

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Wow Congratulations!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, he really is incredible! Congratulations, Kassie!!  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kassie, you already know what I think but I want to say it here too.  You are an amazing AMAZING artist. :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I am so happy for you and the magic that you create.  Way to go girl!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome and stunning, Kassie . . . what fantastic detail!  Big, big congratulations for the DOTY award!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Fabulous!  That is an awesome piece of workmanship.  Congratulations!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

WOW. Congratulations, Kassie.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Just awesome

Lynette

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Wow, that is FAB!
I think that is your calling for sure!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Congratulations Kassie very well deserved award :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh, that's FANTASTic Kassie,  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I am not at all surprised though your work is truly amazing  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Kassie,
Amazingly wonderful work & well deserved honor...congrats!!!

Thank for letting us know Dilu.

Hugs &

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Kassie,

Congratulations!!! He is simply amazing.

Hugs,

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Ohh Kassie, when you can sculpt like this - why are you *wasting* your time on bears?  - (though the bear world is a MUCH friendlier place!!!!)

That is a real 'study'; I see something new in him every time I examine it....

Yours, in awe,
Bobbie

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Amazing sculpture!!! What a fantastic character!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  You deserve this honor. Congrats!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Kassie a HUGE congratulations!!!!!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

You rock Kassie- how thrilling and rewarding for you. Huge congratulations and so well deserved
Hugs
Gail bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

A sneaky sweet little birdie told me to come and pop in TT. bear_happy LOL Seriously Dilu dear friend…  thank you for sharing this with everyone. As you know me so well, no need to say more. ((((hugs))))

Thank you everyone for all your warm congratulations. I can’t begin to express the honor it is to be place beside so many very talented artist in the doll industry. It has been a very wonderful experience in the last year. It is hard for me to think it has been an year last month that I decided to start sculpting fugitive art dolls. I have been away from TT, but have not forgotten many of you. Even though I have embraced the art of doll making, I am still a bear artist. I will be combining the art of sculpture and my artist bears this year. I am telling you this because I have been asked if I am going to stop making art bears, in my heart of heart – how could I! We all know how we love them.  bear_original  bear_wub

I feel for myself, that there is a deep connect between the two ; art dolls and artist bears and I am not referring to the same magazine connections or shows, but rather more in the sense of the joy they create in people. If you have ever seem or held a sculptured art doll then you know what I am talking about, they are truly magically!

So, to answer the question for some of my dear friends here. Yes, I will be still making artist bears, but now with additional friends for my artist bears and myself.  bear_original

Judi girlfriend, Thank you so much!  :hug:  bear_original  :hug: The feeling is mutual!!! as you know.

Christine hon, thank you so much.  you are just a doll! bear_original  :hug:  :hug:

Sue Ann, thank you so much.  dear friend bear_original  :hug:  :hug:

Thank you all again for the warm congratulations.  Being the longest online community that I have been part of – it really means a lot.  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

kassie

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Wow! Kassie bear_flower  bear_flower  he is just incrediable, bear_wub  bear_wub A huge hug and Congradulation.You Go! Girl..... bear_thumb  :thumbsup:May you have many many more of these awards. :dance:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I know how you feel about your sculpting and bears as I have the same feeling toward both. I too love sculpting and love creating my bears.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

CONGRATULATIONS Kassie

There couldn't be anyone more deserving. I am such a huge fan of your amazing sculptures.  :dance:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Kassie what an awesome piece, I can see why he won you that wonderful award, congatulations and well deserved.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

AHA! The news is out at last :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: .............again, Kassie - HUGE congratulations - you SO deserve this award
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

wow wonderful Kassie  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub

Princess4Paws Princess4Paws Designs by Marge Wiese
Apopka, FL
Website

Sending you Great Big Congratulations!  WOW!  What great artistry! 

Tropical Teddy Bear Hugs!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Huge congratulations Kassie.  The first time I saw this sculpture I was in awe.  It is so detailed and realistic looking.  Very deserving of an award !  :clap:  :dance:

Board footer