Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I just received a message this morning from a dear friend and collector.  She's just emigrated to Australia, and she's discovered someone's stolen all but one of her bears  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry   I feel so sick!  How could someone steal her bears?!?  bear_cry

I could use a hug, but I'd imagine my friend could use it worse....  bear_cry

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awe Debbie, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
How terrible.  What a dirt bag...whoever stole her bears.  Some people have no conscious what so ever.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their underwear.

Was her house broken into or did this happen during her immigration. bear_sad

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

That is terrible, if she has photos of them she should make them known.. someone may have stolen them to sell.

Hugs,
Melanie

bear_laugh  Judi thank you for the curse, its the first thing to make me laugh this morning  :hug:

No, they didn't break into her house (thank goodness!!!!)  They stole the bears and some other stuff from the shipping container that they were in.  Honestly, though, how could they??   bear_angry   That's someone's teddy bears!!!   bear_angry  bear_cry

Oh man, I just had a thought.....I wonder if they'll pop up on ebay?   bear_wacko  bear_sad

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Ah Judi, you forgot the rest of the curse:

"...and may their arms be too short to scratch"  bear_grin

I can't believe someone would do that bear_sad  I hope they were insured, but I guess nothing could replace them...  Tell her to keep an eye out on Ebay for the bears being sold on.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

That's the lowest of the low.  Not even pond scum.  Pond dredge, or what ever is on the bottom of the pond, that's what they are.  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Debbie she should check out quarantine,  as they may have been taken them. I do know that customs are very strict here, I had a opened as there was a furry hot water bottle in it. When my things came over from the UK I had antique fur stole and that was taken and kept. I hope they turn up for her. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is just so terrible and down right low that someone could do such a thing.

I really do hope that they turn up and your friend will be reunited with her bears.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

How sad, I would go crazy if that were me.  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  Do tell your friend to check out what Patsy said about quarantine, you never know,she may find her beloved bears.
Now Judi, oh boy that was a good one...

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their underwear.

foolowed by Chole's

"...and may their arms be too short to scratch"

and to finish it off Patty's

Not even pond scum.  Pond dredge, or what ever is on the bottom of the pond, that's what they are.

I couldn't have put it better myself...thanks for the laugh girls!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

Kilde Posts: 186

How awful!  bear_angry I really hope they turn up again...what a nightmare to loose your beloved furry friends!  bear_cry

Hopefully, they are in quarantine - but don't customs let you know if they detain goods?

Right, she says near as they can figure the bears were taken before Christmas ~ so they're bound to have gone as Christmas gifts  bear_cry   And she's pretty sure its the moving company that's nicked them, as other stuff was stolen as well....and the condition of some of her furniture and pictures  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry !!! 

I've found photos that I took of them, so will be sending those along to her along with details and info on prices.  The sad part is, its not the money, she adores her bears.  As she said, they're their own little persons....and now they could be anywhere  bear_cry  bear_cry   That's the truly awful part.  I suppose its a consolation that they didn't find her muskrat bear.

I'll certainly be telling her to check with quarantine just on the offchance they could be there, but surely they would have had some form of customs slip in there, wouldn't they??  Anything's worth a try!!   bear_thumb

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

That is terrible. To steal someone's possessions....Chloe had a good idea though. The moving company should be responsible for the items. They would have insurance for most reputable movers have it. At least your friend can get something on her investment of her bears.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh how awful .  I just hope those poor bears are somewhere where they are being loved and appreciated
(despite being stolen) , and not throw by the wayside  bear_cry .  Your friend must be furious and sad.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I'm so sorry for your friend. That's just awful. Who could steal someone's teddy bears. She must be heart sick. Of course, the monetary value is important, but teddy bears are so much more. I hereby double Judi's curse on these awful people.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Gantaeno wrote:

"...and may their arms be too short to scratch"  :lol:

AAAHHH...perfect! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   Thank you Chloe, I shall have to remember this.

Debbie, do you have pictures of what the bears look like?  Maybe we could all be ebay police ...... :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Yes . . . post any pictures.  It is definitely worth a try.   How sad . . . . I bet that one remaining bear has a story to tell (if only he could).  Karen

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Maybe we could each send her a teddy bear .  . . . doesn't have to be an Artist bear . . . just something really cute.   I bet she would be thrilled to receive a few anonymous bears : ).  What style does she like?  I'm in !   Karen.

Oh bless your heart Karen  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:   With Gina its a bit impossible to say, as she adores all sorts of bears.  But I'm game, if anyone wants to send her a bear, I'll keep my mouth shut and we'll do it as a surprise  bear_flower   Just pm me, okay?  I don't want to give out her address on the forum.

Judi, I'll take photos of the photos tomorrow in good light.  I*think* I might have them stored on disc also, but this will be a faster route.  Once I've got them, I'll post a new thread with the pics, but as these have gone missing since before Christmas, I doubt they'll be on Ebay at this time.  Worth a shot, though  bear_happy !!!!  If nothing else, its a bit like "Have you seen this dog????   bear_wub "

I think the insurance will fight for the money aspect, but the fact her babies are adrift out there is the hardest part to take.   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry   And I gotta admit, as the bearmaker, I bawled when I heard about it, and again when I pulled out their pictures.  I can only hope that whoever has them now is taking good care of them and treasuring them no matter what. 

A computer minded friend of mine instantly said, "Why don't you put a GPS tracker in one? Or a microchip?  That way the police could find it".  What do you think of that??  My hubby thought the GPS wouldn't last long, but my pony has a microchip that's supposed to last her lifetime (roughly 30 years).

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Yes I will do it . . .  a small packet to the US is only $5 and I have lots of bears.   I will PM you for your details, Karen.

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Debbie, where in Australia has your friends' bears gone missing? Which state? What kind of bears?
I'm in WA, will keep an eagle eye out for them, will wait for the pics from you!!!!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

goodluck2.jpg

I did send her a small good luck bear ~ hope she arrives soon!   ~ Karen

bear_wub Awwwhhhh...what a sweet little bear!  I bet Gina will love getting her  bear_flower

No word yet on them.  They went missing in New South Wales before Christmas.  I fear the trail's gone cold.   bear_cry

Board footer