Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Kathleen Pa

Hi all, I"m just starting out on ebay and was wondering your thoughts on relisting if your item doesn't sell...

- if  you're not willing to lower the price would you relist? and if so, do you wait awhile or do it right away?
-also, do you have much success with relisting if you don't lower the price or isn't it worth the cost?
-any other comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks bear_flower
Kathleen

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Hi Kathleen,
I've rarely relisted a bear on ebay but I have noticed others do it and sell the bear the second time around without lowering the price - sometimes the right bidder just doesn't see it the first time. I think if I was going to do it I would likely wait a bit and then try again. It is "free" to relist on ebay within a specified length of time - IF it sells that second time, but you still have to pay for the photo listing and any extras above the regular listing fee so it really isn't free! One thing you could try is to lower the starting price but then put a reserve on. Or try it with a BIN price. I know some people also will do a bit of revamping on a bear - like  changing the accessories, for instance if it doesn't sell and then retry. Ebay is just fickle it is really hard to figure out what is best to do! Good luck whatever you decide!

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Kathleen

I will relist a second time but not lower the price

This is because of a number of things

I don't lower the price cos I don't start at much above the costs of the bear

As a buyer I have lost count of the times that I have seen something I would like to buy but can't afford it and prayed that the seller relists as next week I know that I will have more money bear_grin

Hope that helps

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I agree with Sue. I often hope that an item is relisted because I couldn't afford it when the auction finished.  I missed a bear last month that finished without a bid and I was hoping she would relist, but she didn't  bear_cry 

You could try the old trick of putting the starting price into a lower bracket e.g. if it was £100 put it in for £99.99. 

Hope you do well this time!

Hugs Ali x

Kathleen Pa

Thanks for all your imput.  I think I might change up the accessories and maybe try doing the reserve thingy as I don't want to lower the price, but I will wait a bit  and then try again.

Kathleen

Board footer