Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Espresso--Stuffing-tool-003.JPGHi,
I have had a fair amount of interest in the Ultimate Stuffing Tool so I decided to post a picture of the three different sizes.
Thanks,
Donna

Oops!  The picture is too large.  I will try to downsize so you can see the heads on the other two stuffers.  Hope to be back soon with a better picture.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I use my fingers for most of the stuffing.  But for packing it down I use the eraser end of a pencil.  The big kindergarten pencils work great for most bears.  For minis, I use a regular pencil.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here, Donna... I did it for you.  :)

Ultimate-Stuffing-Tool.jpg

I'm a huge fan of this tool.  It's that grippy little end that makes this thing so invaluable; it really does grab just the right amount of polyfil to help you get it in there just so.  I think it would probably have much less use on excelsior but that's conjecture on my part; I haven't tried yet.  On polyfil, tho, it's almost a miracle, and I'm sure it's saved me from tendinitis, which I tend toward and have had surgery for once already.  The long "shaft" part of the tool is also rigid enough that you can really pack that stuff in there and it has no flexibility to it at all.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Shelli...and all who use the Ultimate Stuffer
Which size Ultimate Stuffer do you use, or which do you use the most (if you have more than one size)? 
I'm about to purchase the middle size, with red handle.  Do you think I should get the large one as well?  My bears usually range in size from 8 to 14 or 15 inches.
Thanks! 
     Laura  bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey Laura.  I started out using the large size because that's all that was available but when the middle size evolved I bought that one too -- actually, I think I mighta had something to do with it being "born" when I suggested making one with a shorter handle. When that evolved into being I bought one of those too (the middle size, nowadays) and I love it and use that one exclusively for my 12 - 18 inch bears.  So I think it should work for you!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:crackup: I made my own stuffing tool once, took an old fondue fork and took a pair of pliers and broke off the tips or fork ends and it leaves just enough rufness to grab the fiberfill.  I have used it for years, and I also have four more fondue forks if it gets too smooth on the end. lol but I am goin to look into that ultimate stuffer .

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Pat... what a great idea!!!

Kitty cat Posts: 1

I been looking about finding a tool that I can use. For stuffing I used my fingers but my arthritis is kicking in. So I'm looking for a tool that can help me to stuff cloth teddy bears got any ideas

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kitty cat, have you read through this whole section about stuffing tools?  The responses go back many years, but there are several interesting and helpful suggestions for tools used to stuff.  When I first started making bears, I used a chop stick to stuff!  At the top of this page, there is a picture of professional stuffing tools.

Board footer