Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

IMG_0892.jpgIMG_0886.jpgIMG_0890.jpgIMG_0888.jpgIMG_0876.jpgHi.  Here is my newest tiger design, Rajah( okay I just changed his name to KALAHARI as he was inspired by our visit to The Kalahari Resort in WI Dells) He is made from alpaca and mohair completely airbrushed.  He is designed to be on all fours with full body armature and in addition to jointed neck and legs.

I know I have done something right when my dog was afraid of him...she barked and ran away every time I picked him up and placed him on the lawn for photos. bear_laugh

I like his tree photos the best so I will post a few here.

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Judi,
Wow! He's fantastic! bear_thumb
Alot of hard work has gone into Rajah! :clap:  :clap:
So realistic. bear_grin
Love kayx. bear_wub

Lynn Wisconsin

Rajah is amazing Judi. I can see why your dog was afraid, he is so realistic.

Lynn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Kay, Bren, and Lynn.  I have so much fun airbrushing my tigers.  bear_original  I will have many more to come.

I wish I would have had my video camera outside too.  My dog was really funny.  he n there was our sheep Jolene.  I'll have to post another picture here if her inspecting Kalahari...(fka  "Rajah")

I just now changed his name as my daughter has reminded me that I have already done a "Rajah" tiger.  :redface:  oops.  How forgetful of me.  So KALAHARi it is.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

IMG_0834.jpg...and here is our Jolene inspecting my tiger.  The tiger is 17" from nose to rump and his tail is an additional 10".

Jolene, our lamb is no longer a lamb but a sheep....who thinks she is a puppy. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   She is a sweetie.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Wow! Judi
Congratulations! What a wonderful work of art. And such an important subject. Tigers are so in jeopardy. I remember staring into the eyes of a Tiger at the Central Park Zoo in NYC. HE changed my world, what a gaze; so deep and compelling. From then on I had to create cats but I've never been brave enough to attempt a Tiger (actually the most mind bending encounter I've ever had was with a leopard. Have you ever looked into a Black Leopard's eyes? whoa!) GReat work!
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you very much Karen.  I have stared into the eyes of a tiger...three actually, but they were cubs and didn't have that "stare" that I find so majestic.  I tried to capture that look in this tiger's  eyes.  This design needs to be tweaked but it is almost there for me.

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Judi, Wonderful...wish I had your Airbrushing Talent. He's amazing.  Mikki

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Judi, he is absolutely beautiful bear_wub  bear_wub  You have really captured the essence of such an awesome animal :clap:  :clap:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

absolutely gorgeous Judi!  Your work always leaves me speechless and never disappoints.  Simply, a fantastic Tiger!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Judi! You are an inspiration to us all. I adore this tiger and your talents are only becoming even more hightened! Beautiful work!

Hugs Louise

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Judi You do the most amazing work!!! This little tiger looks sooo real! His face is superb!!! I too have looked into the face of a tiger--actually years ago I took a course on exotic animal training so I was very up close and personal. I did such things as taking an adult tiger for a walk and run and playing hide and seek in the woods with a tiger cub. That was fun!!
I love your picture of the lamb with the tiger! It would have been fun to see your dog reacting to him too! It is no wonder the dog reacted as the tiger looks so real!!
Beth

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Judi,
He is absolutely stunning! You did an amazing job with the airbrushing!  bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Judy, his face looks absolutely like a real animal, just an incredible job.
Joanne

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hi Judi

Awesome  :clap:  :clap: what a facial expression you have captured he really does look like he looking back at you. (Love your sheep) Your dogs antics say it all.

Raewyn

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Grrrrrrreat Tiger !!!!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
bear_thumb
Kathy

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

WOW! stunning work Judi  :clap: truly a gorgeous Tiger  bear_wub ....I'm in awe!  bear_wub
Lynne  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks ever so much for your kind comments.  I really love your feedback.

Beth I would really have loved to be in your shows with dealing with tigers.  What an experience that must have been.  When we saw cubs at The Kalahari in WI Dells I was on cloud nine for a long time afterword.  I got to bottle feed a white Bengal tiger cub.  That alone was amazing, but tio have been up close and personal with an adult tiger would have been ...wow.  Maybe someday.  Until then I will keep making tigers of my own.....and may even a full sized one.  Can you imagine ho much mohair that would take?

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

Hi Judi wow he is so liflike I am not surprised your dog was barking Sue bear_wub

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

WOW Judi.........STUNNING!!!!!!!

You always put so much work and detail into your creations, your talent just amazes me  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Kalahari is outstanding  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs
Janice

sameoldsmile sameoldsmile creations

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: stunning ,awesome,outstanding superb airbrushing:hug: Sue

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

WOW. Hes fantastic. Another one of Judi's amazing pieces of work. You are such a inspiration to me.

shuzlebears England

Wow Judi, Rajah is absolutely gorgeous and so lifelike  :clap:  :clap:
If you could bottle up your talent and sell it, you would make a mint  bear_grin  bear_thumb

:hug:  :hug: Shirley x

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Judi, your works is outstanding as always !   bear_wub

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

He looks so real! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer