Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Oceanside-Shipwreck-2.jpgrose-necklace-3.jpgWow, a lot of new names on here now - and so many fantastic creations.  As some of you know I took a sabatical from making bears about a year and a half ago.  Well I have decided that I'm not going back to bears - I am having way too much fun making glass beads.  I have been selling my glassy creations for a while now, and have just been accepted into a huge art show here on Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada, that is held on the August 1st long weekend.  I am going to try and post a couple of pictures of my beads - if I can remember how!

Anyway, I have decided to sell all my mohair, and will let it go for a fantastic price.  I have to make a list up of what I have left, and will let you know what there is.  It will probably be going for around $10 - $12 US per fat quarter.

If anyone is interested in this mohair, please send me an email, and I will email you the list, as I don't want to list it on here. Thx.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Hi Jane,
Wow, has it really been a year and a half!  Your beads are absolutely fantastic (as were your bears!) - you are one talented lady! I'd be really tempted to get some of your mohair if I didn't already have so much - not sure how much longer I will be making bears either - although I'll need to come up with an exciting new venture like you have. Good luck with your show - wish I could be there to have a look!

Thanks Eddie, It is a lot of fun - at least until you burn yourself - LOL.  Actually it wasn't so funny when I did - 2nd degree burns on two fingers.
I miss the teddy shows that we had, they sure were a lot of fun.  Now I sell beads at markets in the summer, and shows in the fall.
Bye for now,
Jane

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

It is hard to believe that it has been a yr and a half .  Jane your beads are beautiful just like your bears were.  Hope you come back to TT now and then and show off your beautiful beads.

big hugs

Shane

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jane,
     It IS hard to believe it's been a year and a half but I am so delighted for you that you found a new muse!  Your beads are incredible - can you post some more?  Have fun and take care.

hugs,

Brenda

spirals-and-starfish.jpgShoreline-scallop.jpgOceanica.jpgConch-shell.jpgArbutus-Beach.jpgblue-bead.jpgOk Brenda - remember you asked for it - LOL.  I am really lax at taking pictures of my beads, but here are a few.
As you can see, I sort of have an ocean theme to most of my beads.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi Jane!

It is nice to read you again...

I did not realise time past that long after you last posted here on TT...

Now I have seen your beads, I really understand why you are hooked. They are really incredible. I like a lot your style. Now I know nothing about that new world, but I really hope you found a unique style and will be very succesful at selling them.

Have you made a blog or website with your bead works? I would love to have the links if so. I want to follow you in your new venture... and if I have a link to put on my blog, my friends will be able to discover your work!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Gorgeous beads!! I really love the shell shaped ones. It's like you can see the ocean in them.

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Jane
I am so sad that you are giving up your bears. They were works of art. bear_sad
However I can see how wonderful your glass beads are...
I would be interested in your mohair.
Keep up updated on your bead show
Hugs
Tracey

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my beads everyone.
Also, it looks like the mohair is now all spoken for.   I'm sorry if you missed out.

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi Jane, I never met you, I arrived here while you were gone. Your bead work is stunning. Absolutely amazing. I would love to see a website or blog of your work.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Jane,

I agree with the others, it is hard to believe it has been 1 1/2 years since you've been gone. I have missed seeing pictures of the wonderful bears that you created.

Your glass beads are beautiful. I can see why you want to continue making them. I'm with Shane, please visit us every so often and show us your beads.

Good luck in your new endeavor.

Hugs,

I don't think it has been a year and a half since I have been gone, but it has been that long since I decided to try my hand at making beads to sell - instead of bears.  I have actually been making the beads for 2 1/2 yrs now.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jane,
     Your beads are fabulous!!!  My faves are the two translucent blue sea shell shaped ones as well!   I agree, you really need a blog to showcase them - it's easy to set one up and I bet you could pick up a lot of customers or even have shows from you blog.  You can also meet wonderfully talented artists from around the world.  Congratulations and all the best!

hugs,

Brenda

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Beautiful beads Jane!!! bear_wub
Sorry to see you go. I will cherish the bears I have that you made. bear_original
Hugs,
Cyndee

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Jane

SO sorry to hear you have given up making bears.  I own a gorgeous little bear of yours (purchased from Abracadabra in the Uk).  As well as being a lovely bear, she is so beautifully made.  Good luck in your new venture.

Hugs

Sue

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Jane, I am in awe at your work, the beads are fabulous, well done on being an expert in another craft field, I'm sure you will do fantastically with your work. What no more Jane Perala Teddies!!!! that's sad in a big way, I love your bears they are so pretty. I always planned one day to be able to buy one, sigh! Anyway I don't really need to wish you good luck as your beads will sell themselves as they just capture magic somehow...but I will anyway 'Good Luck Jane.'  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Just gorgeous beads Jane  bear_wub ....I can see why you're hooked on making them! ....but a bit sad I won't see your beautiful bears again  bear_sad ....good luck with your fabulous work  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

WOW, Jane!!!! Those beads are GORGEOUS! So detailed! Just beautiful! And I have to agree, it's hard to believe it's been a year and a half already! Congratulations on being accepted into the August show! Best wishes for continued success!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wow Jane, lovely beading work!!!  Very beautiful, I love the piece with the tree  bear_wub  bear_wub   Sad to hear that you are leaving us for good, your bears were so pretty, but you have to follow your bliss I know,  :hug:  Good luck!!  bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jane,

Lovely to hear what you are up to and what wonderful beads you are making.
Much luck with the August show and your continued success.

Hugs
Carolyn

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Hi Jane I have just finished making one of your bears Little Alfie and he has turned out so well.  What a shame you aren't doing bears anymore but good on you for finding another passion and making the brave decision to go there!

Board footer