Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Can I please picture of everyones first bears?  Hugs, Jenn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Are you kidding???

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

100_9982.jpgOh Sue Ann...be brave!!

Here's mine Jenn...I call him Cowlick (his fur goes every which way)   bear_grin

Thanks Shantell,  Very cute!  I'm just a little discouaged.  I'll keep pluggig away.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Maybe I can find a pic tomorrow. My older pics are on another computer and it's not plugged in right now.

Why are you discouraged?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SueAnn wrote:

Are you kidding???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

FIRST-BEAR.jpgHere's mine.  I hated him so much he's never been named.  He's enormous; like three feet.  Bleech.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

My-first-bear.jpgShelli, beleive me or not, I don't think your first bear was bad! He looks so shy!

Well, here is mine, from a Laurence Veron pattern. I have added a few personal features.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

1st.jpgOh Shelli's first bear is cute !!!   
Can I name him ? can I ???  :whistle:
How about  Chocolat (French....)♪   :rose:

Ok, here is mine.. boo hoo  :redface: she has no mouth !!
This is her 2nd photo in TT. he he he

Shantell, I already said this but I think your first bear
is adorable !!! not bad at all for first bear ! bear_tongue

Hi Sophie, your first bear is pretty !! I like her
flower dress. so cute.  :D

Hugs/Marie

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

ok Shelli you so have nothing to worry about - my first bear has a smushed up face and is mde from nasty synthetic fabric.  He's somewhere at my mother's house.

All you guys first attempts are much better than mine!  Jenn don't be discouraged - the only way is up!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

DSCF1159.jpgHere is mine!
Not that goodas yours but still the first one. bear_whistle

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

willy-ff.jpgwilly.jpgThis is my 1st bear, made from a kit.

Heather

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

scruffy.jpgSHELLI! I LOVE HIM! DONT THROW HIM OUT! i will give him a good home! He is adorable!

Scruffy is mine...

Everyones bears are adorable :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I don't have a photo of my first bear but he was made from real fur, rabbir fur about 6 inches tall.  I sold him for $35

Looking back is scarey...isn't it????????

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Don't have any pics of my first bear - bloomin good thing too i say  :P

Everyone else's bears are great - no hall of shame here girls  :thumbsup:

Penny

Deb Upstate New York

Jenny.jpgHere she is, from September 2002.  I am now working on bear #11 (I know, I'm slow).

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I don't think your bears are bad at all; I like them.  I can't make a bear to save my life so I'm impressed that everyone here can.   bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Nutmeg101.JPGHere is my first

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I don't have a picture of my first....someone at work saw me making it, and offered to buy it, so she was sold. At the time, I never intented to do this full time. :|

Shelli, I love your first bear...he can have a nice home here with me  bear_whistle :rose:
Ellen

Finally finished my third but I am definately a beginner.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Myfirstbear.JPGOkay here is the very first bear. I thought she was adorable when I made her. when I look at her now, I want to fix her lopsided head,ears, uneven arms, legs, the loosest joints on the planet. I still think she is adorable. :hug:
Kathy

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

The very first mini bear I ever made (that was fabric, not crocheted) is floating around the house somewhere!  She was made from a pattern from a book of big bears, I just reduced it a whole lot.  She's taupe colored upholstery velvet.... she has these big bug eyes!  She was awful when I made her and still even more awful now.... she's been a doggie chew toy, had toothpaste smeared all over her head.... I never got rid of her, because my kids named her, and I just couldn't pitch her after that.  She still turns up every so often when I decide  to go down to the kids'  recreation room in the basement and organize.  Next time she surfaces, I'll have to take a few pics. 
My first mohair bear was from my own design, and made of cream colored mohair.  She's also a kid toy, and has been through a lot as well.  Did you know that cherry flavored Robbitussin Children's Cough and Cold with decongestant makes a wonderful, completely PERMANENT mohair dye!  It's actually a lovely shade of pale pink that covers a large portion of poor Patina's rear!   bear_grin  She's a regular guest at our tea parties around here, I'll have to snap a pic of her! 
Shelli.... she also has the same horrific affliction as your "Peaches" her legs and arms spin wildly if you so much as touch her!  My first attempt at large cotter pin joints!  She is certainly in the "well loved" category!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

FirstBear.jpgAnd here she is.. making her photo debut... Patina!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

She is adorable!!! WOW!

Board footer