Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hello all,

Well, what a day Sunday turned out to be!  I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was completely crammed with teddies and lots of people.  :)

The journey to Kensington was annoying, as half the Underground was closed for whatever reason, but luckily I am able to read maps and I found a route which took about the same time had I taken one of the Underground lines which weren't closed.  :)

I turned up at just gone 11:30 -- assuming the queue to get in would still be there, but I was wrong -- I walked straight in the building.  As I wandered round, I stopped at pretty much ever stool there, and admired all of the teddies.  I spoke to more or less everyone I think -- and whilst I didn't introduce myself in name, some of you recognised me from the Stratford-upon-Avon fair.  I suppose at this point I should say I had quite a long conversation with Paula from AllBear, I just never introduced myself.  Sorry, Paula.  :)  And yes, if you thought I was repeating the same questions to you from those of you who met me at Stratford, it's true -- and I will always do that, as I invariably get a slightly different answer each time.  :)

I was really impressed by the different style of teddy bears on offer this year -- and thing which interested me more was the large number of antique teddy bears (Steiff in particular).  Lots more than I was expecting, but it was nice to see some very old favourites there -- including a very early Farnell teddy bear which I was fortunate enough to give a very delicate cuddle to, amidst much trepidation on my part.  :)

I would have liked to have chatted to more of you -- alas, due to it being so busy that wasn't possible.  I did though buy two teddies.

One was called Chester, from Jigpaws.  I said to Janice as I wandered up to her I liked him -- and Janice remembered me from Stratford.  Here's a picture of him guarding my books:

chester1.jpg

He's gorgeous -- his colour, size, shape and how he sits appealed to me at Hugglets, and whilst I deliberately ignored him until I had gone round every stall, I came back to him and he was still there -- so... he was my main purchase, and I am really pleased.  He's heavy.  :)

It was a pleasure talking to Janice and doing business with her -- I will be keeping an eye on her future work, so thanks, Janice.  :)

My second purchase was "Arthur" -- from Dari Laut bears.  I like Patricia's bears, and Arthur chose me, I can tell.  :)  Here's a photo of him:

arthur.jpg

All in all, I had a really nice day.  :)  Thank you to everyone for making it so.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Glad to hear that you had a great day Thomas :dance:
You have chosen two lovely bears.I was in the same room as Patricia and her bears are lovely.I think I might have seen you when you came in the afternoon and had I known it was you could have said hello bear_original
Laurie :hug:

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Laurie wrote:

You have chosen two lovely bears.I was in the same room as Patricia and her bears are lovely.I think I might have seen you when you came in the afternoon and had I known it was you could have said hello :)

Yes that was me -- if I looked like I was in serious need of a haircut and wearing an odd cyan-colour jumper, and brown trousers (thanks to M&S, I too can dress like my Grandad) then it was I.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

LEllenBrown Posts: 213

Congratulations on finding two very handsome bears, Thomas Adam!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Hugglets Show and a couple of bears were lucky to go home to your hug.
thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk
ThomasAdam wrote:
Laurie wrote:

You have chosen two lovely bears.I was in the same room as Patricia and her bears are lovely.I think I might have seen you when you came in the afternoon and had I known it was you could have said hello bear_original

Yes that was me -- if I looked like I was in serious need of a haircut and wearing an odd cyan-colour jumper, and brown trousers (thanks to M&S, I too can dress like my Grandad) then it was I.  bear_original

-- Thomas Adam

Yep you fit the description perfectly bear_grin

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thomas, it sounds as if it was a fantastic day for bear people.

Your Chester bear is gorgeous! Stunning! Nice and big! (good bear buying you did:)

Becky

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

I'm glad you had a lovely time at Hugglets, Thomas.  You picked out two great bears.
Cheryl

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Not having been to Hugglets yet dearly wishing to. I get all excited to hear all the news after the show.  bear_thumb
Wendy

Board footer