Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I posted a large bear to a lady who had won him on eBay two weeks ago. The bear has not arrived at the buyers house. I made a huge mistake by not offering postal insurance on the bear...I just forgot to add it. Now the lady is as concerned as I am and keeps emailing me and asking what to do.

How long should I leave it before giving up on the bear ever arriving?

I will refund the money back to her as it was my error not offering insurance. I shouldn't have put the bear up for sale until I felt well and was thinking straight.
I feel so disapointed about this as he is such a lovely bear.

Jane  bear_sad

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Jane, maybe not all is lost!

Two weeks doesn't sound like an unreasonably long time for a large bear to travel, at least not based on my anywhere-to-Canada experience. Was this a UK to UK mailing? I hope the bear reaches his new home in the next day or two, so you don't need to worry!

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think it depends on where you sent him... if it was overseas, it may take a while... my fabric shipment from canada took almost 2 weeks to arive.  The bear I sent to Eileen took quite a while too, around two weeks.  I have also heard of things taking a month - wasnt that the case with Danni's bear going to Canada?

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

You can claim back upto £30 off the post office. You won't get your postage back. Its the only company I know if they don't do what we pay them to do, tough! You can do this online. It gives you the info there. I think it is 2 weeks. As you can tell it happened to me. I would recommend signed for as well next time as not everyone is as honest as us ie. they could say they did'nt get stuff when they did.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

The parcel was sent within the UK where I live so I would have thought the bears should have arrived by now.

Jane.    bear_original

Pipa UK

Jane - i posted a sheep ornament i sold on ebay to someone in the UK and it didnt arrive for 2 weeks, i sent the lady a refund and then it arrived so she sent me the money back. i dont suppose you sent the bear registered post so it requires a signature on delivery?? i would ALWAYS make sure you get recorded delivery so there is proof if the buyer got the bear

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

DON'T refund the money yet Jane - there is still time for the package to arrive and the first place you should go is the post office and find out exactly how you can try and find out what has happened to it.
I agree with Amanda, go to the Royal Mail website and see what routes are open to you directly through them.

Penny  :thumbsup:

i hope that it gets sorted out Jane  :pray:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good luck Jane, I hope that your Bear turns up at the home of the new owners.
It is a busy time of the year so hopefully the mail is just slow.

Carolyn  bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww Jane  :cry:

I posted a bear to one of our TT members in France and she never got it, and a golly from UK never got to me.....I know how awit feels.....I'm sorry

give it at least another week though!
We'll all have really positive thoughts and hopes that it will get there....
bear_tongue

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Jane,
I'd hang on a bit longer before refunding the money, go to the post office and see if you can find out anything from them..if it's within the UK they will probably be able to trace it if you know which day it was posted.
I had an item missing and the buyer was at me about it, so I notified the post office and they did a search, it finished up being in her post office box and she hadn't checked that????
Having said all that I'm like you I always start to panic when one hasn't arrived, in fact I'm waiting for my blue bear & kitty to arrive in the US I posted them about 12 days ago, and I'm getting a bit anxious already. Even if they are insured the process of recovering the money is a real pain in the "you know what"
I guess some people are starting to send Chrismas presents and maybe the mail is slower, sure hope's so....anyway I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, hope the teddy arrives okay..
hugs,
Denise.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Jane,  I hope your bear is not lost... :cry:
I don't know about UK post office but hope they can
track the box....  :pray:

Hugs/Marie

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Jane i hope your bears shows up i am still waiting for a book from America and its been 6 weeks wait a bit longer, But i know what you mean about registration  because i too forgot it with you dress and it was to late when i rememberd the post office was in the city and very busy, and the post man put me off with all the question about the package .

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Jane,

Sorry to hear about the bear - we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you.

I have had two very slow experiences.  THe first was sent to Tammy from Australia to Canada, and it took nearly a month to arrive.  It's very strange as the bear arrived in Canada 5 days after posting.

The second suprise was I sent a copy of a magazine to a collector in New South Wales (just the next state, fairly close to where I live)  Anyhow, it took over two weeks for teh magazine to arrive!!!!!!!!  This time it's Australia Post's fault, and an odd thing to happen I would think.

Tell your customer to be patient a little longer, it could still arrive.   The suspicious part of me is wondering, could it be possible that the collector had the bear arrive.  Saw you forgot to insure it, and is now trying it on????  How do you know it never arrived?

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh it's still 1day pass from yesterday but
I'm wishing that your bear will arrive safely....  :hug:

Board footer