Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

hi all,

I am curious -- how many of you cuddle your teddy bears?  I know some teddy bears made from artists aren't really designed for cuddling, but for me personally, I cuddle all my teddy bears.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Thomas,

I'm so glad that your bears get cuddled:) I'm also a cuddler, and I have the idea that teddy bears like to get attention from us.

Like you, I have quite a few bears, so there are some that I pat or talk to as I walk by, and a few others that end up on the sofa or the bed keeping me company. (The last time I stayed in a hotel room, I had a teddy with me to sleep with.)

Becky

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

One of the reason I make child safe bears is because I think all bears should be cuddled.  We all need a little love every day and our bears are sometimes the only thing that we have got.  You cuddle all you want.  I also talk to my bears all the time.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Thomas,

I'm definitively a "cuddler" as well. 
You will often find me sitting at home reading a book or watching TV with a cuddly teddy on my lap  :hug: .
Huggability is a very important factor when I decide to adopt a bear.

Like Becky and Eva, I also talk to my bears (and they talk back to me too  bear_grin )

Peterbear

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hehehe, I talk to my bears, I have one I take to and from meetings at work:

xteddy.png

... actually, this teddy is more precious to me than any other as he goes *everywhere* with me, even if it's a trip into town to get some food.  :)

If teddy bears talk back to you though, isn't that a sign you need help?   :)  I sometimes have whole conversations with my teddy bears, but I long since decided I was insane.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
dangerbears wrote:

Hi Thomas,

I'm so glad that your bears get cuddled:) I'm also a cuddler, and I have the idea that teddy bears like to get attention from us.

Like you, I have quite a few bears, so there are some that I pat or talk to as I walk by, and a few others that end up on the sofa or the bed keeping me company. (The last time I stayed in a hotel room, I had a teddy with me to sleep with.)

Becky

Awwwww -- well, my xteddy is such a teddy -- and as I have mentioned before now, both Leo and Buddy both get cuddles when I leave for work and when I get home -- especiall Leo - his growler is so cute I end up cuddling him for a good half hour when I get home sometimes.  :D

Awww.

-- Thomas Adam

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

I even cuddle xteddy on the train into work, and on jouneys -- I get everybody giving me looks, not that it bothers me that much, but I do wish other people were less judgemental.  :)   Not that it's going to deter me.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL!  I'm laughing cause I was JUST asked to make a bear a bit softer than my usual bears for hugging and cuddling  bear_wub

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Hey!  Just so y'all know, "xteddy" is quite the famous Bear!
But only us computer geeks actually know why!  bear_tongue

And, for the record, the Bears in this den do snuggle with their humans.
They watch TV with us.  They hang out with us on the computer.  They occasionally do sleep  with us.

And, recently, when I was in the hospital, two of them came and stayed with me for moral support.
(The nurses didn't quite get it but they just quietly accepted it. bear_happy )

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Love the topic, Thomas!
I'm definitely a cuddler.  I also pat their heads, talk to them and yes, I dance with them, too. 
I couldn't live without the company of teddys!
:hug:

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I'm with you, cuddles are important. 

The bears I have that are alittle hard (or should I say firmly packed  bear_grin ) get to be stroked and spoken to otherwise the rest regularly receive a gentle cuddle.  However my Charlie Bears get the full on squeeze and get to share my bed when hubbys on night shift. 

I work at a preschool so I get to cuddle the childrens furries that they bring in for comfort.   In fact the children always make a point to introduce me to their furries, they like to see an adult appreciate their special friends and like it even more when I tell them about my ones at home.

Hugs Ali

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I do hug some of my bears occasionally. Most of my artist ones are too small to cuddle properly, But my Kessey Bear  often sits in my lap while i'm online (i love the way he feels  bear_wub )

I do however, sleep with a cuddly toy Stitch who has slept with me for years - i'd be lost without him, even if he does look a bit tatty these days.  bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

You're not going to believe this, but my bears sometimes send me e-mails while I'm at the office : "Bring home cookies; Don't forget the icecream; We need more honey; ... "    :crackup:  :crackup:

Robinson_for_TT.jpg

This is Robinson (a Barling bear), who is extremely huggable  bear_wub

Peterbear

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

I have a bear that I cuddle nearly all day everyday  bear_wub  his name is thatcher, I've had him nearly 5 years and hes been with thru some dark times with me, hes seen many tears, but there would have been far more without him. He even sits right by me while I make bears, hes not always helpful as he likes to hide my cotton bear_laugh

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Thomas those people that look at you strangely are just really jealous. I think every one deep down would love to hug a teddy and just don't have the guts to do it in public. I have one huggy bear with me and should I miss a day or two she looks sad too. Cant explain it. And Peter, I wish my bears would tell me what we need at home.

I think we all have person "things" to deal with and our favorite bear keeps secrets well, and makes us cope with life a little better. Even my un sentimental husband has a tigger that stays close by at all times :hug:  :hug:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I cuddle my bears!  :hug:  :hug:  I have bears sleep with me when I am sleeping alone (when hubby is gone, or when I am away by myself)  bear_wub  And then, of course, is Pokey, my oposuum that rides the tank of my bike, then my hip because she carries my goods! Sometimes, I just carry her because I forgot the caribeneer for her.....talk about looks!!!  :crackup:

Ellen

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love the photo Peter...Robinson looks a very intelligent bear sitting at his laptop sending out e mails bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
I love collecting bears as much as I love making them and I love to pick them up and hold them and give them a hug or two.
Laurie :hug:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

All my Bears and Dogs get a hug and a kiss before I send them on to their new homes. And they get lots of pats on the head while waiting to go to a new home.
Beth

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

oh I'm definitely a cuddler Thomas  :hug:   For me this is the pleasure of teddy bears, having hugs, I reckon a hug a day keeps the doctor away  bear_happy   I always make sure my Bumpkin Bears pass the cuddleability test!  I talk to my bears too, and you are quite right Peter, they DO talk back to us  bear_thumb   
Hugs
Catherine x

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I definitely cuddle my bears!  That's the great thing about collecting bears.  They've been especially helpful when I've been sick with pregnancy.  Unfortunately, my son Scott has been playing with some of my bears lately (along with everything else in the house).  I feel like we need to put everything on shelves near the ceiling.  At least teddies aren't breakable (unlike the lamp Scott broke this weekend). 

Peter, I like that your bears email you.  They can be so demanding with their honey!  bear_tongue

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Chloe-at-the-computer.jpgLike your teddy, Peter, my Miss Chloe enjoys her computer time.  She loves surfing the web in the wee small hours of the night.
  :hug:

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Thomas,
I can't tell you how many times I have been asked if my bears are "huggable."  You are certainly not the lone cuddler.  Through the years, my bears have been getting more softly stuffed as I have found that's what collectors want.  Yes, it's a collectible, but they want a cuddly collectible. 

Hugs!
Alison

Board footer