Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

HI Everyone

Just popping in quickly the new bookshop is keeping me running and trying to keep up with magazine deadlines as well...... I literally don't even have time to eat.......Lost heaps of weight....yeah!!

But I desperately need some rabbit photos and comments on desiging and making them....tips on ears noses and any other comments would be fantastic please.

I have no-time at all at the moment and all help will be gratefully accepted.......have Lara's ballet concert this weekend.....finished my show last weekend.....school concert coming up!!  Christmas....think I'll turn into Scrooge this year....bah humbug!!  LOL

Please email to sandra@bearhug.com.au

thanks
Sandra

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Are you looking for a realistic rabbit?  I have a bunny I do all the time.  I just make the feet bigger on one of my bear patterns and add long ears.  Everything else I keep the same.  Let me know maybe I can help.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Sandra, I just emailed you a photo of a miniature rabbit I made once, not sure if it's suitable or not?

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Hi Sandra, I emailed you with some info and a couple of pictures.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Sandra,

I've emailed through a few photos of my rabbits & hares.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Thanks everyone

Also thank you for all those that asked about my hand.....yes hard to believe that it's 10 months since the fall.  It was sort of healing OK but not fast and at one stage they thought the bone had died and I'd need a bone graft...found instead that the ligament and tendons had got themselves in a mess and attached themsleved where they shouldn't have. Just missed an operation by the skin of my teeth.

Picking up and moving the big coffee tables tyoe books in the shop hasn't helped and also boxes of books. I keep managing to semi dislocate the thumb joint and this has left it very weak. So hand sewing is just not a option at the moment and trying to stuff is not on at all. So all my designing and sewing is on hold for a while.

Very very frustrating.

Sandra

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Sandra,

If your doctor have you any therapy exercises to do, it would be wise to keep up with them, religiously.
My wife had an injury to her wrist when a large, heavy painting fell on her.  One of her coworkers was also injured in the accident.  The doctor gave both of them exercises to do.  (Squeezing a rubber ball and things like that.)  Melanie did her exercises every day.  Her coworker did not.

By the time she went back for her six week checkup, Melanie was almost all healed up.  They took the wrappings off and told her to take it easy.  ("If it hurts too much, don't do it.")  She kept up with her exercises and in just a couple more weeks she was all better.

The coworker did not keep up with her exercises and it took about twice as long to be cleared by the occupational health doctor and, to this day, she still has soreness in her arm whereas Melanie has been pain free for almost 10 years.

I don't know what kind of therapy your doctor may have given you but, if he did, I recommend you keep up with it.  If you do, you'll be right as rain in no time!

And, just for extra luck, the Bears in this den all have their "radar" turned on for you!  bear_laugh

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Yes I'm doing all my exercies and seeing a physio once a week as well.......especially since buying the shop. It's more soft tissue damage now than bone and it's more the point that the work I'm doing in the shop is what I sholdn't be doing. I've now employed a young guy to come in after school to help with a lot of the lifting and stuff to give myself a break. At 6ft 7 and 17 year old I figure he's better for those 16kg (35lb) boxes of than me.  LOL

Us Bears Pennsylvania

The Bears are glad you're taking care of yourself.  :)
That makes their job a little easier. 

Sending "Get-Well Vibes" from Pennsylvania to Sydney apparently takes a lot of work.  That's a distance of 9,600 miles or close to 15,000 kilometers!  But they say they can do it...  I believe them.

They tell me they've got some kind of synergy thing working for them that helps amplify the energy.  It's all very scientific, dontcha' know!  They explained it to me, once, but it was all very complicated.  I didn't understand much of it.  But, what the heck!  It's "Bear Science!"  It's not supposed to make sense to us humans.  Is it?  I guess it doesn't really matter.  All we need to know is that there are 1,000 of them all sending their energy in your direction.

Now, there is one thing I do understand from all their pseudo-science.  You get a lot better reception of the signal if you have a Bear with you to act as a receiver who then relays the "Get Well Vibes" to you.  Get a good Bear and point him in the direction of this Bear den.  That would be about 85ยบ by the compass.  Strangely enough, that's almost due east but, if you check a map, you'll see that's the shortest distance between two points.

Okay...  So get a good Bear and set him up some place where he can receive the vibes from Us Bears.
We'll send the vibes in your direction.  They'll rebound off the earth's atmosphere somewhere around Hawaii and your Bear will pick them up and relay them to you.

All you've got to do is obey doctor's orders.  The Bears will do the rest.  You'll be good as new in no time at all!   bear_grin

Board footer