Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hello all,

Finally, English Customs (who spent over a week holding my teddy bears) released Claude to me, and he was delivered at work.  I giggled a little as I could hear the growler in Claude making a noise as a colleague carried the box up the stairs to my desk.  I knew it was Claude before seeing the box.

The postal box was huge -- certainly a lot bigger than the teddy bear I was expecting.  That's because unbeknown to me, Claude had a friend with him in the form of Scruffy -- which is almost identical to Dangerbear's avatar teddy.

Needless to say I was over the moon -- and what an unexpected and very very kind thing to do -- two beautiful teddies.  I was so chuffed, I took them both out of the box, and carefully removed their tissue paper.  Just through luck I happened to unwrap Claude first.  I picked him up, held him at arms length and looked into his eyes, then gave him the biggest cuddle I could, then kissed his forehead, and tipped him forward then back so I could hear him growl, hehe.  Aww, he's adorable.

Then I did the same thing with Scrappy.  I sat them both on my desk at work alongside my other teddies (somewhere on there is a computer so I can do my job), and spent the day beaming at them, occasionally picking both Claude and Scrappy up to make them growl -- much to the amusement and no doubt batty bewilderment to my surrounding colleagues.  :D  Not that I care though.

Since Scrappy's arrival was unknown, I am now rearranging my hug to accommodate him.  I try and keep artists' bears together, so since I now have four of Dangerbear's teddies, I will have to rearrange things a little, but that's all part of the fun.

Here's some photos...

First, of all Claude:

claude.jpg

Now, Scrappy:

scruffy.jpg

And here they are both together:

scruffy-and-claude.jpg

Not only that but I also have "portfolio" material for both teddies.  :D

I think you'll agree they're lovely teddies, Claude is gorgeous, and Scrappy is a great bonus.

Becky, thank you so much, I can't tell you enough how much you've made my hug enjoyable.  :D

-- Thomas Adam

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, they are great, and lol at them taking up your desk.  Mine just occupy half my bed, and a good chunk of living room  bear_whistle

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Yay! I'm so glad you finally got your bears, Thomas!

I thought you might enjoy Scrappy (Scruffy is a great name, too). He actually IS (or was) my avatar bear, and you had mentioned him once or twice. The bear was made when my technical sklls were less developed, so he was never for sale. But he is lovable, and I thought I knew the right person to love him.  bear_original

Enjoy your growing hug, and thank you for this story. The details are great -- my favorite being the growler noises as your colleague carried the box.  bear_grin

Becky

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
dangerbears wrote:

Yay! I'm so glad you finally got your bears, Thomas!

I thought you might enjoy Scrappy (Scruffy is a great name, too). He actually IS (or was) my avatar bear, and you had mentioned him once or twice. The bear was made when my technical sklls were less developed, so he was never for sale. But he is lovable, and I thought I knew the right person to love him.  :)

Awww.  Woops, that was my failing ability to read which lead to that mistake.  Scrappy -- I will go back and make corrections.

dangerbears wrote:

Enjoy your growing hug, and thank you for this story. The details are great -- my favorite being the growler noises as your colleague carried the box.  :lol:

Hehehehe.

-- Thomas Adam

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
dangerbears wrote:

The bear was made when my technical sklls were less developed, so he was never for sale. But he is lovable, and I thought I knew the right person to love him.  :)

I was curious about your comment -- so I lined up Leo and Buddy and Claude and Scrappy and looked at them all -- I am sorry, Becky, but I can't see the difference between Scrappy's supposed "less developed technical skills" and the other teddies.  No, he's perfect like the others.  :D  You might see it differently, you made him, but from my point of view he's fine.  :D

Perhaps I had misread your nice "info" letter you'd sent along with Claude and Scrappy -- I hadn't realised I was cuddling *the* Scrappy -- goodness me.  Are you sure you don't mind?  I feel really honoured.  :')  Wow.

-- Thomas Adam

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
ThomasAdam wrote:

he's perfect like the others.  bear_laugh  You might see it differently, you made him, but from my point of view he's fine.  bear_laugh

You see? You're the perfect teddy bear owner!

Scrappy is definitely all yours, and he's in very good company -- both human and bear  bear_flower

Becky

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Awwwww!  How wonderful--both the story and the bears!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Cheryl

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Thomas,

Both Claude and Scrappy (or Scruffy  bear_wacko ) are gorgeous.
What a lovely idea of Becky to put an extra bear in the box  bear_flower .   Just goes to show what kind and generous people teddy bear people are  bear_wubSo a big hug to you, Becky  :hug:  (from Vincent and myself)!

I also loved your story about the box being delivered at your office and you taking them out immediately and giving them a big hug.  What a way to show your love for the bears !  I applaud you, Thomas  :clap: .
I am afraid I'm not yet ready to come out and proclaim my love of the teddy in front of my colleagues   :crackup:  .

Hugs  :hug:

Peter

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
peterbear wrote:

I am afraid I'm not yet ready to come out and proclaim my love of the teddy in front of my colleagues   :crackup:  .

Oh, that's easy, Peter, I just don't care what anyone else thinks.  I am well-known at the company I work for, for liking teddy bears -- and my desk at work is a giveaway for that, I've lots of teddies on it -- and will cuddle them for inspiration at work -- they really help me.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Board footer