Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Hello,
I've been working for what seems like a century on getting some on-line tutorials up and running on my website.  I have finally learned enough and have a FREE test tutorial up and running.  It does require that you register for my website to access the tutorial, but there is no charge.  Just click on the "free tutorials" button to get started. 

I thought that since spring is finally here and lots of artists, including myself, are making bunnies, I should put my Wired Ears Tutorial on first.  I hope that you all will take the time to go through the tutorial.  Please send me your comments.  This is our test and we need to know if you encounter any problems. 

Hugs!

Alison

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

oh wow - I will check it out - thank you Alison!!!!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Thank you for sharing! It will be fun to view the tutorial and learn something new.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a great way to deliver tutorials Alison! bear_thumb

The only thing I can offer as constructive criticism is is that I found the pages turned a little too quickly for the viewer to read through comfortably.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Paula,
You clicked the arrow to automatically flip the pages.  There is a pause button if you need more time.  Or, you can click the arrow just one to the right of center to flip the pages manually.  I hope users can figure out the buttons.  I can just picture frantic bear makers trying to finish the step before the page automatically turns.   bear_grin   I didn't want to do the tutorials as a down loadable pdf. and found this plug in that works with Joomla which is what I use for my website.  I already have some ideas to make it more readable.  No fancy fonts in the next tutorial and larger pictures.  But, I made it through the first one!

Hugs,
Alison

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Alison, bear_flower

Oooh, what a lovely website you have, and thank you for popping on the free tutorial, that was very kind of you.  :hug:

I must have been on your site while you were writing your last post here.  I registered on your site and I found the tutorial absolutely fine when I soon realised about using the centre "button" to start and pause the frames so was able to use it with no problem.  Very nicely done I think so a big pat on the back for you Alison! :clap:  :hug:

Many thanks once again for your kindness!

Take care.

Hugs
Marilyn x

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Brilliant tutorial Alison  bear_thumb Very kind of you to share this with us  :hug:

Hugs Ali x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Thank you, so much easier than the only other time I tried with a bunny pattern that used pipecleaners, that was messy!  I worked out the pause button after a couple of pages, I just had to remember to pause each time otherwise I've be halfway down and reading something else entirely lol

teeeej Brisbane

Thankyou very much for sharing Alison! I have just registered. bear_grin

Edit: great tutorial! I am just about to start making a rabbit and this will very very useful. Thanks!!!!

---
Therese

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Alison,

Love the tutorials, they are well written and easy to understand. One thing though...on the wired ears one right after step 11 I find step 5 of the fairy wing tutorial.

Hugs,

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Gijzette,
Thanks for the heads up!  I was wondering where step five went.  I just clicked the wrong book to upload that page to. 

Hugs,
Alison

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

How very cool Alison!!  And it's so neat to see how others do things.  I never would have thought to do it that way  :clap:

Board footer