Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hello Teddy Bear Friends: I am making a bear where I want to put rosy cheeks. I know using blush wears off. So my question is, other than air brushing, how do I get rosy cheeks and it not wear off? Would using a pink Prisma color pencil work and if so do I heat set it? In other words, what product (give brand please) would you use to get rosy cheeks? Also is there a pictular way to smudge it in so it it is softened at the edges ie: fingers, Q-Tips....

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You can use a pink Prismacolor pen and then use a blender pen to take away as much of the pink as you need.  I love the blenders. 

Joanne

TreacleBears Treacle Bears

Twinkle-Puff-9.jpgI used a prismacolor pencil on this little girl to give me rosed blushed cheeks - loved the results as I usually use copic markers and the blender....

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

I've had really good luck with the rose colored Shiva Paint Stick. It's oil paint in a crayon form. Self sealing, and low odor, it tries completely in about 12 hours.  It can be brushed then to 'naturalize' the effect, and to remove any changes in the hand of the fabric. It works equally well on mohair, synthetics and ever real fur.  Comes in a wide range of colors, including light shades that can be used to highlight dark furs.    I'm showing it in the Basic Boot Camp, but am going into more detail with it in the Advanced Boot Camp.  You can buy the sticks at Dick Blicks.
hugs,
nt

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Thank you all for the tips!

Nancy- Do you need to heat set them after it is applied?

Joanne and TreacleBears - same question. Do you need to heat set after the pen is applied?

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

No heat setting is required for the Shiva stick.
nt

Board footer