Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Karon Posts: 751

Well it was Peter's idea really!!

Perhaps we could make up badge with the Teddy Talk logo, so that others would know we are also Teddy Talkers.  Is there any amoungst the more computer literate of you, who would give it a go?  Something we could run off the computer and then mount on card with a pin.

Anyway, just an idea.

Karon

Fallenrose near Cologne

Now, that's a great idea!
I don't have the chance to go to Huggles - but anywa,y I love the idea!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I know there are teddy talk pins, I have one in my car and have extra somewhere in my storage space.  I bought them when I first found this spot, but do not remember where I bought them.  Perhaps you could look into that.
the pins were reasonable.
I will have a look also if no one else comes up with the answer.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

That's a very good idea, Karon !   bear_grin

Last year I had a T-shirt made with some of my bears and TEDDY TALK written on it; you couldn't miss it.  bear_wacko

A badge would be ideal (when you want to remain incognito, you can just take off the badge  bear_grin ; that was the snag in my T-shirt idea  :crackup: ).

I was thinking about a badge with the Teddy Talk logo on it and the name of your TT account under it.
I will see with what I can come up with over the weekend.

Pat,  I have been trying to find the pins, because I know I saw them somewhere, probably on the Intercal site; but of course I can't find them anymore.  Moreover it might be too late if they have to be sent from the USA  bear_noexpression .

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

On the main page, under Marketplace, after the thumbnails, there are 2 icons (tshirt & pin) linking to sites where you can order them.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Great idea Karon/Peter  bear_thumb 

I remember when I went to the first Artist Bear Fair, I was useless at introducing myself to TT members (in fact I only managed a wee smile for Jenny of Three O'clock bears, I was so in awe of her  bear_happy ).  However once I get talking, I'm fine - so a badge would help me no end!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I've done the badge idea at scrapping get together, sounds like a great idea (although I'll need to hold off on getting one till TGYTBE as I can't make Hugglets this time)

Peter - you've got what I have in mind spot-on.

Can I leave you to work on it!

It would be a good idea so we can recognise other TTers who want to introduce themselves and talk teddies.

Had to laugh at your T-shirt with the TT logo.

Karon

Ok here is the design for the badge.

It's very basic, just the TT logo with my name under it in a Word-document.
Anyone who fancies adding photos of teddy bears on it and knows a bit about Word, can make it as extravagant as they like.  bear_tongue

The size I made is 8,50 x 5,40 cms (3,35" x 2,13").  I am going to print it out, stick it on piece of cardboard, cover it with some plastic film and stick a pin to it.
Even I can't mess that up ... I think  :crackup:

If you send me a PM, I will send you the Word-document and you can change the name by opening the document in Word.

TT_badge.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you all there !

Peter & the bears

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here is a PDF of the TT pin. If you need it in different sizes, please let me know.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/TeddyTalkPin.pdf

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi everyone,

When I do a bear fair, I always pop a laminated sheet on my stand which advertises Teddy Talk.  I don't know where I found it on the website, but it shows about eighty thumbnail photos of various members' bears with a white "cut out" bear with written info on it.  Perhaps Quy remembers it and knows where I got this from!

I have just looked at the PDF that Quy has kindly popped on here, (many thanks Quy!)and I think that would be really good if it was printed out and laminated and possibly put on  an exhibitor's stall or table so that TT-ers can easily see it and introduce themselves too!  I don't always like pinning things to a shirt or top because you can completely ruin your clothes with safety pins or whatever but at least "stall  holders" could advertise the fact that they are TT-ers by using Quy's PDF.  I will certainly use this idea so please look out for me!

Hugs

Marilyn

Whoops - just editing this to say I have found the sheet I was talking about - Look right at the top of this page and next to the Teddy Talk sign you will see nine boxes, click on the one which says 'FLYER" and there you will see the sheet I am talking about!!  Phew, my brain is working after all!  I've just printed out Quy's PDF and it looks good printed at 200%.

Right - I'm off!

Hugs
Marilyn

Barling Bears wrote:

I think that would be really good if it was printed out and laminated and possibly put on  an exhibitor's stall or table so that TT-ers can easily see it and introduce themselves too!  I don't always like pinning things to a shirt or top because you can completely ruin your clothes with safety pins or whatever but at least "stall  holders" could advertise the fact that they are TT-ers by using Quy's PDF.  I will certainly use this idea so please look out for me!

Great idea Marilyn, the artists can put a leaflet on their stalls and the visitors can use the badge (I generally don't wear my best suit to Hugglets, so one ruined T-shirt won't make much difference in comparison to my ruined bank account at the end of the day  :crackup: ).

Peter & the bears

P.S. Thanks Guy for the PDF file !

Hi Peter

Thats great, thanks very much!

Karon

Hi Peter,

Just wanted to say thanks for the badge you have done for me - received it yesterday.

Will use at Hugglets and other TB events I go to - thanks for taking up the challenge!

:hug:

Karon

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Peter, I received mine too - thank you so much!  My daughter even added a piccie to mine (she's so clever).  Aren't we going to look the bees knees at Hugglets  bear_grin

:hug:  Ali

Glad you liked them, Karon & Ali.  bear_thumb

Mine is ready as well.  Everyone will be sooo jealous !   bear_laugh

Peter & the bears

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub The badge is a great idea, but the pins are forever and really look great also.
The flyer is great also, I printed that out for shows in the future.
Hugs pat bear_flower

Board footer