Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Just getting some of the news stories about the floods in Australia. So sad. How is everyone doing?

Relish Bears Relish Bears
Adelaide

It's not anywhere near me but i've been watching what's going on for the last few days.    There's still a couple of towns in Queensland that are still to reach the peak of flooding.  The Brisbane river is dropping now.  There's thick brown mud everywhere now.  It's going to take so so long for people to clean up.  It's heartbreaking.  There are now towns being evacuated in Victoria.  bear_sad

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

I'm on the northside of Brisbane (about 30mins away from the river) and we are very fortunate to not be affected by floods, we also have family in both Toowoomba & Rockhampton and they are all fine as well as they are on higher ground. It's heartbreaking seeing what is happening around us. There is also a possible cyclone being predicted in a couple of weeks off the coast of Queensland, let's pray it doesn't come to anything.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

It is strange you just posted this as I was thinking the same thing. We have been watching it on TV and my heart goes out to all of those that have been effected. It is somthing I have never seen be for. This is awlfull!

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

It is not anywhere near me either but I have been watching it on the TV and the devestation is just so horrendous and my heartfelt thoughts go out to those people  bear_sad

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

It has all been very frightening and while I am well away from the affected areas - I live in an area that this could so easily happen in.  The awful thing about it is that if we had water to that extent here there is no where that we could be evacuated too except the nearest city which is 15oo km away.

i am very upset about it all and it is not going to be fixed anytime soon although there are many heart warming stories today about 'Salvation Saturday' where bus loads of vounteers are being sent in to help people.  This is true 'Aussie mateship' at it's best.

Board footer