Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

steifmm Posts: 18

I was just wondering for those who also collect Steiff bears, how many do you guys have? Or anything special to you that you would like to share with us ? Story/pictures?
I have a few but I live in a small apartment so now I hesitate to acquire more because I don't know where I can put these bears at...

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

my dear only afew i can not count them but i have a 1908 a1955 a1960  and doubles from those years! in france bears are very in bad ease so my 1908 is staying only by a thread!!!!!!!!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

About 100.  We don't know for sure because every time we tell them to count off, they all raise their paws in the air and shout, "One!"

Most of our Steiffs are modern.  We do have a few vintage Bears.  There are some collector's edition replicas of vintage Bears.

Teddy Bears are perfectly happy to sit on a bookshelf.  Most of our Bears live in a specially decorated Bear Den with shelves on the walls.  The smart Bearkeeper would put anti-UV film on the windows.  You can buy it at the home improvement center and install it yourself in an afternoon's work.

All the windows in our Bear Den are coated.  We wouldn't want the sun to fade their fur!  Would we?   bear_shocked

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Us Bears wrote:

About 100.  We don't know for sure because every time we tell them to count off, they all raise their paws in the air and shout, "One!"

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

45 Steiff Bears in my hug.

There is actually a special story attached to my first Steiff teddy (a children's URS lying bear), because he was the one that really got me addicted to teddy bears.  bear_laugh
He was the one responsible for awakening my passion for teddy bears that had always lain dormant within me!  Curse you bear.  bear_laugh

This a photo (not a very good one) of the teddy that caused my addiction.

Steiff_Molly_for_tt.jpg

And here are two of my favourite Steiff's : ERNST and little ELSA ( a limited North American edition; Ernst is 26" tall and Elsa 3,5"):

Ernst__Elsa_for_TT.jpg

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

scruffiebears Posts: 318
Website

I have 2, a beautiful white bear and a stunning deep red one. I collect artist bears mainly but these were special presents from my hubby. My mum has around 30 steiffs though and loves them all.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Just one here, it is the 100 anniversary bear. It's the only one that I have in my hug. I actually traded with a retailer at one of the shows a few yrs ago for one my bears she approached me during the show as she wanted the one bear really badly but she did not have a good show and she wanted to know if I would do a swap. That's how I ended up with my one and only Steiff.

hugs

Shane

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
steifmm wrote:

I was just wondering for those who also collect Steiff bears, how many do you guys have? Or anything special to you that you would like to share with us ? Story/pictures?
I have a few but I live in a small apartment so now I hesitate to acquire more because I don't know where I can put these bears at...

I have six Steiff teddy bears, five of which have come from Teddy Bears of Witney.  Here's a photo of one of them:

http://xteddy.org/~n6tadam/pics/teddies … kshelf.jpg

They are not the only teddy I collect, I prefer artists' teddy bears, like the people on here, because I get to understand how they make the teddy.

-- Thomas Adam

steifmm Posts: 18

I would love to see the 100 Steiff teddy bears, must be a sight.  bear_grin

Board footer