Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

My mom gave me a bear this weekend that has a shirt with WWJD in raised letters.  For those of you who don't know, there was a fad in the mid to late 90s where there were shirts and bracelets and I don't know what else with WWJD written on them, which stands for what would Jesus do.  The curious thing about this bear is that his nose is embroidered, but he's definitely manufactured.  There's not even a company name on this guy.  There's just a tag on his ear that says What would Jesus Do and a tag on his bottom telling what he's made out of.  I've never seen a manufactured bear with an embroidered nose.  Have any of you ever heard of this before.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Lots of manufactured Bears have embroidered noses.

Our Bear, "Pudge," was made by Gund.  He has an embroidered nose:
http://teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=37072

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I didn't know that.  I just thought it was cool.  At first I thought my mom got me an artist bear and didn't know it, lol.  I love that bear.  I named him Roger Dodger because that's one of my stepdad's catch phrases.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

"Roger Dodger" is a good name for a Bear.  :)

BTW:  Many Build-A-Bear Workshop Bears have embroidered noses too.
http://www.buildabear.com/

Yeah, I got tapped on the shoulder by one of the BABWs.  "Ahem...  Did you forget about us?"  bear_happy

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

If you visit a bear factory such as Merrythought, you will see people embroidering the noses.  The very cheap bears usually have plastic or fabric noses, because they are cheaper to produce.

I wish I could sew noses as quickly and neatly as the ladies at Merrythought...

Us Bears Pennsylvania
Geralye wrote:

I wish I could sew noses as quickly and neatly as the ladies at Merrythought...

Do it eight hours per day, five days per week, fifty weeks per year for 25 years and you can sew that quickly, too!   bear_grin

The Bearmakers at Merrythought are all very dedicated craftspeople.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Roger is definitely not made by any company I've ever heard of.  He doesn't even have a label on his tag except made in China and the ear tag with the WWJD slogan.  I'm not really into brand names, though.  I just thought it was unusual.  I didn't know it was common.  My mom got him at a thrift shop and when I saw the nose, I was like, holy cow, she got me an artist bear, except I've never felt an artist bear that felt like that.  He's definitely made for cuddling.

Board footer