Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hello all,

I'm sure everyone here knows about the story of Goldilocks and the three bears.  Does anyone else here love porridge as much as I do?  In fact, I like it so much I've written about it here:

http://xteddy.org/porridge.html

(I apologise in advance for the picture of the porringer; I didn't dry it with a cloth first!)

For me, it's just a coincidence that I happen to like porridge and teddy bears, but I wonder if there's more of link between teddy bears and porridge than I realise?

-- Thomas Adam

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

What a great article on cooking porridge just right.  Our family loves porridge too... maybe that's why I started making teddy bears?  bear_grin  I totally agree with the type of oats you use - they have way more flavor and texture.  We also use water to cook our porridge with, but I've never tried doing this in a porringer - I'll have to try!  bear_thumb

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Melisa Nichols wrote:

What a great article on cooking porridge just right.  Our family loves porridge too... maybe that's why I started making teddy bears?  :lol:  I totally agree with the type of oats you use - they have way more flavor and texture.  We also use water to cook our porridge with, but I've never tried doing this in a porringer - I'll have to try!  :thumbsup:

Hehe -- I lined up three of my teddy bears (Lawrence, Leo, and Buddy -- Dangerbears will know!) until it was just right, then I ate it, cuddled all three teddies.  :)  Hehe, I'm not mad, but it made me feel better, and I enjoyed the porridge.  :)

As far as a porringer goes, the device I have is "special" -- designed for cooking oats.  But if you want to emulate one with a pan-in-a-pan, as you would perhaps melt chocolate, go ahead -- it does work.  Even as far as putting a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water, with your oats and water/milk inside the glass bowl would do -- it stops the oats burning, were they just left in a single pan.  :)

Oh, and should you require something sweet, I recommend a sprinkling of brown sugar only.  :)

Needless to say though, I'm fanatical about porridge.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ya know, I never really knew what exactly 'porridge' was.  Oatmeal!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Thomas wrote:

I lined up three of my teddy bears (Lawrence, Leo, and Buddy -- Dangerbears will know!) until it was just right, then I ate it, cuddled all three teddies.  bear_original  Hehe, I'm not mad, but it made me feel better, and I enjoyed the porridge.

What a lovely picture! And if I know anything about teddies, it made them feel better, too. bear_original

Becky

Board footer