Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Ted E. Bear Posts: 6

I live in Canada, but other then that I don't know my back ground, where I'm from, or even how old I am. I think I was born in the early 70's but don't know where exactly, and I'm @ 15in tall. Can any buddy help me? Here are my mug shots...
image005.jpg
image001.jpg
image002.jpg
I appear to have no mouth
image003.jpg
and what kind of fur is this?
image004.jpg

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

You appear to have the same posterior as my childhood Wendy Boston bears.  The face is similar too, but the ears are not the same.

Wendy Boston bears were made in the UK in the 50s and 60s.

cheers,
G

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

The fur appears to be a man-made fibre which has been 'well loved'.

You mean I might be British? I will have to look at other Wendy Boston bears online.

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Ted E. Bear wrote:

You mean I might be British? I will have to look at other Wendy Boston bears online.

Maybe -- but you look more like a Gund to me, in terms of your shape, and especially in how your legs are.

Do you happen to have a faint seam along your bottom where a tag might once have been, or a piece of fur, by any chance?  I agree you might still be British; the hallmarks are there for that, but the ears... they're not a Boston-typical style, and I've got a few of those bears myself.  Is there any chance your ears are fake?

Why am I talking to a teddy bear though?  :)

-- Thomas Adam

The seam on my bottom stops at my "hips" and these are the ears I have always had. I guess there is a chance I'm a knock off of a Wendy Boston *shudder*
I will also check Gunds too. I really have not seen too many bears that have arms and legs like me.

I don't really think I look "Gund" a little bit of Wendy Boston maybe but they all have longer arms then me.

Board footer