Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi dear friends!

Last sunday, we went to a couple of local flea markets and I found a great plush bear there for a ridiculous bargain price of only 2 euros!!!!

I do not usually buy plush toys, but as soon as I spotted the Steiff tags on him, I asked for the price and quickly bought it without telling the lady she could have earned much more from it!

This is Victor from Steiff, the christmas one 30 cm tall, from 2008, which retail price is around £25...

Steiff-Victor_Christmas.jpg

This photo is from internet, not a photo of my own Victor but mine is the same. I will take photos of him later.

I removed his tags (he still had all of them) except the ear tag, of course, and bathed him very carefully. Now he is happy. He was not particularly dirty, but as I did not know what was his previous life, I preferred doing it. I will put his paper tags in a box with my other bears' tags.

He really is a lovely plush bear, very soft and cuddly and looks of great quality. He is my first Steiff bear.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Conni Germany

:clap:  Great! A wonderful bear has a wonderful new home!

Fallenrose near Cologne

Aww, yeah, I own this bear too - my boyfriend bought it for me 2 years ago

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

You are so lucky.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Sophie,

Nice to hear from you again!  How is everything going?  Still writing for the paper?

I also have this cute Christmas teddy; I bought it for myself a few years ago, because nobody bothers to give me a teddy bear for Christmas  bear_sad  (only socks and underpants :crackup: )   
However I did pay full price, so you have a real bargain there!  :dance:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Happy new Steiff  bear_original

And Peter, isn't that a man's lot in life to get underwear for Christmas?  Be lucky it's not dodgy ties and jumpers too  bear_happy

Board footer