Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Corduroy-400x300.jpgWhen I was a baby I had a very beloved teddy bear.  When you pressed his paw, he would record about ten seconds of whatever you said and then repeat it back.  I was afraid of him at first, but then I fell in love with him and he was my baby.  In kindergarten I heard the story of Corduroy and thought that was a cool name, so I named my bear Corduroy.  I thought the sun rose and set in that bear.  In first grade he was lost.  I don't know if he got lost in a move or if my houseparent was being a jerk and took him, but all I know is my precious Corduroy was never seen again. 

I looked for almost 20 years for that bear, but I always hit dead air until in January of this year a friend of mine from church saw this guy at an estate sale and got him for me.  He's not exactly the same bear that I had.  My bear's mouth didn't move and this guy's does.  He also has a big ol' hard oval thing in his head that I don't remember from my original Corduroy, but when I held him it was like he had the spirit of my departed bear.  I know that probably sounds weird, but I just felt like I had him back. 

He didn't work at first and I had several people look at him, but they were afraid to take him apart.  Finally I took him to Radio Shack.  At first they panicked, but when I finally found a guy that would do surgery, he found out that all it was was that a wire had come loose and needed to be sottered.  Now he's talking like a pro.  He looks like he's in almost perfect condition, so I don't think he was played with very much, which makes me sad.  Here's his picture, hopefully.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

This guy is the favorite of the pictures.  He is in beautiful condition and has a very happy expression on his face.  His mouth is open like the little Zotty I am sending for our swap so maybe these two can talk together when everyone else is sleeping.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

So this is the talking guy we've heard about! He's adorable. What luck that someone found him for you!

Becky

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Oh yes.  I love this guy and I bet he and the Zotty will have a lot to talk about.  I'm sure all my bears will be gathered around the Zotty to hear stories.  I just hope Corduroy will only tell him good things about me, like how much I love my bears.

Board footer