Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Prot-287x400.jpgThis is not a bear, but sometimes I call him a bear as a term of affection.  His name is Prot, but it's pronounced like Prote.  He was named after the main character of my favorite book and movie K-PAX.  It's about a guy who was from another planet, so that's why it's an unusual name.  He's my favorite of my plushies that's not a bear.  He was with me after my sister passed away.  I carried him everywhere with me after that, well at least in the house and on trips anyway.  I love my Prot.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

He really looks adorable dressed in his hat and glasses.

Joanne

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Very cool dude

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Too cute! He's full of personality and very well-loved, I can tell.

Becky

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

The hat and glasses was my stepdad trying to make everybody laugh.  He doesn't usually wear those.  That picture was taken when we were in Michigan for my uncle's funeral.  I didn't know him that well, but he wanted me to come and play and sing, so we went up there and of course I brought Prot.  I think that was taken after the funeral or the next day.  My stepdad likes to tease me about my plushies and he was goofing off trying to get everybody to not be sad. 

I forgot to mention this, but Prot also has a squeaker in his belly.  He's a great stress reliever.  When I get frustrated I can just squeak him.  I've had a lot of anger since my sister's death, and Prot has really helped me to get it out of my system. 

He didn't originally have eyes because I think he was supposed to be a dog toy.  My Meemaw gave him some beady eyes and she said that would make him look better.  Prot was glad because Hubbie used to call him Blind Bartemeus (SP) all the time.  Imagine my husband who is a blind guy married to a blind woman making blind jokes about my plushies.  Goofball.

Board footer