Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Does anybody know anything about this brand?  I have a big ol' huge white bear about as big as a two or three your old kid, named Lester.  Sorry I don't have a picture because you know me and pictures, but for some reason I'm just really curious about this company.  He's a big, white, unjointed bear with a face of a different kind of fur.  His head is about the size of a basketball and his nose is probably the size of a baseball.  I saw him at a yard sale a few years ago and fell in love very hard.  I'm told that the tag on his butt says Commonwealth.  When I started joining bear forums, I became really curious about whether he's a collector bear or just a squuzball.  Can someone tell me anything they know about this company?  Thanks and sorry I don't have a picture.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

There are many Commonwealth bears on ebay, and they look very squeezable.

Here's a link to info about the company. It looks like they do a lot of licensed products, so they have a bunch of "brands," and they make the famous Pillow Pets - The big fluffy critters that un-snap to make a pillow: http://www.commonwealthtoy.com/aboutus.htm

The bears are probably made in China or somewhere else with inexpensive labor - not to disrespect Lester in any way, I swear!

Becky

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I love pillow pets! We actually stock those although mostly we sell them as posing pillows for reborn dolls.

Lester is such a gorgeous name..... mind if one of my bears becomes a Lester??? It sounds so cute.

I want to put a pic of my bears in my avatar but all my pics are too big and I can't resize them,.... oh well I will just have to be blank for a while lol.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

You can name your ber Lester.  My Lester was named after Lester Flatt of Flatt and Scruggs.  For those of you who don't know, they were some of the pioneers of bluegrass music.  I tend to name bears after musicians or book and movie characters.  Some people say he looks old, like maybe 80s or 90s.  That would be cool if he was because I'm obsessed with all things 80s, especially the toys. 

Becky, I don't think you disrespected Lester.  It doesn't matter to me where he was made, I'm just curious.  All I know is that he's a faithful old bear and he's always there with a hug whenever I need one.  I don't sleep with him anymore because it was always uncomfortable with my husband and several other bears there, but he's my boy.

Board footer