Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hi --

I'm curious to know how many of you arrange your hug.  :)

I spoke to Becky, of Dangerbears (of whom I've been a huge fan for ages!), and touched on this briefly and wondered if anyone here have themes for their teddies?

As you can gleam from the following photos:

http://xteddy.org/~n6tadam/pics/teddies/

They're dotted around the place, which is fine.  I often envisage a tea-party affaire though.  :)

So -- the question -- do you arrange your teddies into themes, or groups, and if so, how?  :)

Kindly,

-- Thomas Adam

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Tried looking at you photos but they are very large.  Would it be possible to reduce them?

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

OK --- for those of you with reduced bandwidth, see:

http://xteddy.org/~n6tadam/pics/teddies/reduced/

:)

-- Thomas Adam

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Thomas

A very interesting thread.  I don't claim to have any skill in displaying my bear collection, but I tend to group them together as follows:

vintage English bears
vintage German bears and some vintage style artist bears
polar bears
other naturalistic bears
others - traditional, anime, modern, unusual
(I mix miniature bears in with the bears above or display them in beautiful china cups and saucers)

Needless to say, I have a fair sized collection. bear_original

I will try to take some photos over the next few days to post here.

Hugs

Sue

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

I find that somehow the bears arrange themselves. I am sure that sometimes I come home and they have all moved around!  :crackup:  :crackup:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Yes, Dawn!  Bears are migratory!
They also wander down to the kitchen at night and sneak a snack from the fridge.  My wife, Melanie, often asks me who ate all the cookies from the cookie jar.  I just look at her and shrug... "Must have been the Bears!"  ;)

Thomas, I think your arrangement looks good.  :)

We have lots of Bears in our den.  More than 1,000 of them.
We don't have a specific set of rules at arrange Bears.  We just set them up where we think they look best.  Sometimes we have a theme.

For Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc., we set up some Bears in the dining room.  Larger Bears go on the side table.  Smaller Bears are often part of the centerpiece.  We almost always have a Bear sitting at the dining table with us.  The seasonal holiday Bears rotate according to the occasion.

We have Bears who sit on the sofa in the living room.  We have Bears who sit near the fireplace. 
(No!  We don't light fires in the fireplace!)

We have Bears who sit on the futon in the sitting room.  The coffee table often has a seasonal arrangement of Bears, too.

We also have one bedroom that we converted into the Teddy Bear room.  We took all the furniture out, painted the walls with fun murals and put up shelves.

As to the general question of arrangement, we have stackable cubes for the Bears to hang out on.
I built a bunch of open-sided cubes from 5/16-inch plywood and painted them a neutral, off-white color.  We can stack them in any kind of arrangement we want.  Then the Bears climb in the cubby holes and hang out.  We call it the "Bear Condos."

Any time the Bears decide that they are bored with living in their condos in any particular arrangement, we can restack the cubes and make new condos for them to live in.

Check out our Bears' website:  http://web.me.com/randystankey/Bears/Bears.html

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Us Bears wrote:

Check out our Bears' website:  http://web.me.com/randystankey/Bears/Bears.html

Ah -- that's amazing!  All those teddies, there's so many!  They all look so cute and happy.  :)   Awww.

I love the stairs -- with the teddies on either side.  I think most of my colleagues thought I had gone insane earlier.  :)  But even my boss was impressed.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

This is in interesting question, Thomas. I've also wondered whether my bears would look good in some sort of vignettes, but in the end, it's always a question of space, for me. My bears are (mostly) in my office and a spare bedroom, so they're on a shelf and a bed, with a few others tucked here and there.

Here's my confession about how they're arranged: Some of my teddies seem to get along very well, and they look happier if they're together. So these friends, families, and couples sit together or on each others' laps.  (A few are simply inseparable.) bear_grin  I'm guessing that my bears are not alone in this...

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Thomas, I love how happy your bears look to be together.

Joanne

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

US bears,  I love your bear room.  What a happy place to hang out.  They all look right at home.

Joanne

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Thanks, Joanne!  :)

The Bears have their monthly meeting in there, on the first Wednesday of each month after all the humans have gone to bed for the night.  We humans aren't supposed to know about it but we don't ask and they don't tell.  ;)

Yes, our Bears do sit together in groups.  There are some boy Bears and girl Bears who are couples.  They always like to stay together.

Melanie keeps all her cookbooks on a bookshelf.  Most of the chef Bears sit on the shelf with the cookbooks.  A couple of vintage Bears sit on the shelf next to the reference books and stuff.

All the Steiff usually stay together.  We have a rather large panda preserve where all the pandas hang out.  There are Pooh Bears and Yogi Bears and Paddington Bears who all like to be together as a group.  We have a sizable contingent of Snuffles Bears who stay together a lot of the time, as well.

Many of the Bears who sit on the sofa and watch TV with us in the evenings like to take turns so that everybody who wants to snuggle with the humans gets their turn.  The "Stair Bears" like to trade places every once in a while, too.

There are other Bears who you don't see in the pictures.  You don't see the Bears who stay in the bedroom with us.  There are also several Bears who are camera shy and don't like to have their pictures on the internet so we respected their wishes and left them out.

When it comes down to it, the overall rule is to ask the Bears what they want to do.  bear_laugh

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I don't do a lot of arranging, but sometimes I just switch them around to a different spot just to give them a change of pace.  And yes, there are some couples in my hug also.  There are two in my cubby on top of my desk that are really not happy if they're separated.  For this reason I won't travel with one of them and make them leave the other.

annalong MadebyAnna

After Looking at your pictures I think I need to do some bear shopping  bear_grin  I have my bears on shelves  in the family room...in a curio cabinet in my bear making room...and on our bed.. I tend to be drawn to different style bears. Really enjoyed your photos..and the music. Thanks for sharing.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

The Bears are always happy when they can make people smile.  bear_original

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I just sit bears who seem to look like friends together ~ I don't collect bears so I can have them in groups or classifications, I just kind of sit ones that look like they're having a conversation together with each other. I have a lot of cake stands that my bears sit on, I make miniature ornamental cakes so they're often displayed with these on the cake stands which looks great. Alot of my Little Bittie Bears are on a cupcake stand and they look gorgeous there so I wouldn't move them. I like my bears wherever is easiest to access them and give them a hug!

What a great thread bear_original And loads of great pics!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Our Bears are often migratory.

They'll sit in the living room, by the fireplace, on the futon in the sitting room, on the side table in the dining room or sitting on the stairway but they often move around on the change of seasons or for the holiday seasons.

Summer Bears, Autumn Bears, Halloween Bears, Christmas Bears, Valentine's Day Bears and just everyday Bears move from place to place based on time of year and where they want to be.

Every so often, I'll be walking through the living room and I'll notice a little brown streak, zipping by, out of the corner of my eye.   bear_whistle

HeidiBears florida

I only have three bears which are small steiffs that my grandmother gave me. (actually they arent all really bears, just the one bear who's 4 inches tall, a dog and a rabbit. all are equally as hard as rocks) and they sit in a neat little line on my desk. so as you can imagine there's only so much arranging I can do!  bear_grin

Board footer