Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I've been out of town for a few weeks and of course I came back with a bunch of new bears.  I don't have a picture yet that I can post of this bear because I need to get my pics labeled so I know what they are, but I have to share the story behind this bear because it's awesome.

My dad showed me his antique monkey named Jocko that he's had since he was a little boy.  I fell in love with him and decided I wanted a bear named Jocko.  I know his plushie was a monkey, but I'm more into bears so I wanted a bear.  We went into a thrift store because that's my favorite place to adopt bears.  Their selection wasn't very big, but they had this Gund bear that just begged me to adopt him.

The poor baby had a big old bandaid on his stomach and a little one on his foot.  We had a fun time getting it off.  We figure that maybe his previous kid played doctor with him and put that bandaid on him.  The bandaid was pretty dirty on the outside, but he was okay when we got it off.  I wish he could tell me his history before he was brought to the thrift store.  I felt so bad for him and I just wanted to take him home and love him.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Jocko is a monkey who plays cymbals....ha ha ha

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I have a wonderful Steiff mohair Jocko - probably from the 1960s - so I understand why you fell in love with your dad's Jocko. Mine is about one foot tall (sitting), and he always sits on the lap of my largest lady bear - kind of a funny monkey-baby. bear_grin

So is your new bear named Jocko then?

Becky

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Yep, he's Jocko.  I love him.  Lenora has been teasing me that he's a monkey, not a bear, and my Jocko is about to use her for a ball because he's 100% bear, lol.  For those of you who don't get it, we've been teasing each other back and forth about Jocko ever since I got him.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Jocko.jpg

The lighting is bad  but this is Jocko...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He has a major case of the cutes. bear_happy

Becky

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I'm glad you love him.  I'm totally in love with this bear and I keep squuzzing him.  He and Arcto have been pretty much a pair ever since Jocko came home with me.  I usually have one bear in each arm *hugs Jocko*.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Here's another pic.  I sent the original to Joanne and she tried to edit it for me, but I don't know how it looks.  Does he still look like he wants to burst into Rocky Top or does he look normal?  He's supposed to be about the same color as Arcto.  Can anyone fix that for me or should I just get a different pic?

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Jocko-263x350.jpgOops.  Here's the pic.

Board footer