Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Stuffed Lincolnshire

Hello there, everyone

My name is Sarah and I'm a bear collector who is just starting out making bears. I've been making them for a few months now and have come a long way from the deformed pin-cushions I first made; I'm always looking for critique and suggestions about what I make/could make, so if I post any pictures up then feel free to give me an opinion on it. My avatar picture is of an elephant I made, called Jingles, I have smartened him up a little now and sewed on some bells so he fits his name.

I own a rather small hug of bears, mostly from UK artists, and am keen to absolutely fill all avaliable space with more bears bear_whistle

I hope to go to 'The Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear' event, is anyone else on here going (either as a collector or as a vendor)? If anyone wants to talk to me about their experiences of Bear fairs in general, I'd love to hear about it as I've never been to one before.

Hope I can learn a lot here,

Sarah.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Sarah . . . we're so pleased you joined our forum!  A really good place to start picking up tons of bear information is our Library.  It's located directly above your post on the left side.  Whenever you have questions, someone usually knows the answer, so don't hesitate to ask.  Have fun!

Stuffed Lincolnshire

Thanks for the welcome.
I initially found this site whilst trying to work out how to give bears eyelids,  needless to say I found a variety of methods...I am keen to try them out, but I lack the skills at the moment.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Sarah!  Fancy seeing you here   bear_grin   Nice to hear you're creating, did you make the ellie in your avatar? Absolutely Lovely!  Looking forward to seeing your future creations too, and chatting some more of course   bear_whistle   bear_tongue   Huggies to you! x

Stuffed Lincolnshire

Hi there!

I did indeed make the elephant, and also the little mohair bear that's now in my avatar picture...although I haven't given him a nose yet and he's missing an arm  :redface:

Good to hear from you, hope you've been well bear_original

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Welcome Sarah!! Looks like your off to a good start with your first bears! Your avatar bear is really cute....nice job!!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

Stuffed Lincolnshire

Thank you, Kim :)
I learned a lot from making that little bear, especially things like trimming mohair that I really struggled with. My next project is an elephant.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hi, nice to meet you.  I'll be at GYTBE, so I guess I'll see you there  bear_original

Stuffed Lincolnshire

Good to find more people who are going  bear_grin
I've never been to anything even remotely like a bear event, but I'm sure it'll be fine as long as I don't somehow get lost.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum.  I will be exhibiting at the Great Yorkshire next month so please pop by and say hello  bear_original

Pauline

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

A warm welcome to TT, Sarah!  bear_flower

Sorry that I haven't gotten round to welcoming you sooner, but sometimes life just gets in the way of spending more time on teddy bear forums.  bear_grin

Stuffed wrote:

I own a rather small hug of bears, mostly from UK artists, and am keen to absolutely fill all avaliable space with more bears :whistle:

Be careful what you wish for, Sarah; I know plenty of collectors whose house is completely taken over by teddy bears (present company not excepted  bear_laugh ).

Stuffed wrote:

I hope to go to 'The Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear' event, is anyone else on here going (either as a collector or as a vendor)? If anyone wants to talk to me about their experiences of Bear fairs in general, I'd love to hear about it as I've never been to one before.

Although I haven't been to the Yorkshire event, I have heard lots of good things about it.  Teddy bear fairs can be really amazing experiences and are so much fun: the first show I went to was Hugglets in London and I was so amazed at all the beauty I saw spread over the halls; it's an experience I will never forget.  :dance:

Stuffed wrote:

I hope I can learn a lot here.

Oh yes you can; there are so many talented artists here that will give you the benefit of their knowledge.  bear_thumb

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Board footer