Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

crobear Posts: 4

Today I was at a flea market and I found three old teddy bears for low prices.
Bigger teddy, is a same like bear from my mother childhood ('50).
I need yours professional collector opinion to recognized how these bears old
or any other info.
Thanks!
bear_original

dsc04546cj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

ah cute bears!  They all look to be made of mohair which is great.  I'm not sure the maker but they don't look to be Steiff unless the one of the fare left has had the mouth re-stiched .  That one does have a Steiff looking body. The smaller one in the middle might be a Merrythoughts because he has the large style ears ^_^ As for age I would say at least the 60's or 50's maybe older.  Hope the info helps a little Great find by the way!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

They all appear to have been made by the same manufacturer . . . are those marks on the middle bear's feet some sort of writing?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

They do look like a family! bear_original I'd put them all in the same age range: 1950s, as you say. Cute!

Becky

crobear Posts: 4

@enchantmentsart - thank you!Some information (steiff or Merrythoughts) will probably be of help becouse I don't any brands of vintage bears. Im totally beginner :)

@SueAnn - Maybe! Little one have pen marks , some kind of birthday greetings 1974. , but I bought it at another seller.

@dangerbears - hm, probably are from '50 :)

Thanks everybody!

Karon Posts: 751

The two larger bears are made of ArtSilk and are of Eastern European Origin.  Can't help with the smaller one I'm afraid.

Board footer