Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I have just finnished my first mohair bear he is on show case. My sewing machine loved it I always had to struggle getting synthetics through bet it possitively purred at the mohair no trouble. Now I know why all you gals go crazy for mohair

andancingbear.gifandancingbear.gif

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Estelle, congrats!!!  :hug:

my fingers love mohair too! I HAND sew ALL my bears (even those of 29 inch) bear_wub  and I LOVE MOHAIR the best!
HUGGS< julia

Your bear is darling!  bear_thumb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I knew it!!!!!
Now you can see why we are all soo addicted.
Welcome to the club!!!!

Todmorden West Yorkshire

well it it looks like all my cash will be going on mohair now.
andancingbear.gifandancingbear.gifandancingbear.gif

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Erin...you just HAVE to try!  bear_shocked  bear_thumb

You'll love it!  :hug:

Deb Upstate New York

Oh I just love this .... TOLD YA!   :dance:   :hug:   :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

whiteforestbears wrote:

Ok I really need to break down and buy some Mohair. I've never used it before. :P

WHAT?????  bear_shocked

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Estelle wrote:

well it it looks like all my cash will be going on mohair now.

Try INTERCALS four-pack specials; you can find them in the Weekly Specials you receive in the mail (if you signed up for that list), or by clicking WEEKLY E-MAILER in the top colored menu bar.

They're VERY reasonable, and you get four different varieties of mohair, one fat quarter each, for a total of a full yard. 

Even tho I'm a longtime mohair buyer I just got my first four-pack -- I guess they're "officially" called Pre-Packs -- a few weeks ago, and for the price and convenience and excitement, it can't be beat.

Have fun!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Do you have any mohair bears (that you collected)?  It is sooo much easier to sew mohair than synhetic and to emboider the nose!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I recently won an auction on ebay and got a grab bag full of different kinds, colors, finishes...even some shulte mohair and some alpaca!  Wonderful stuff!  I have tons of synthetic but love mohair! ---- I should be a member of MAA - Mohair Addicts Annonymous!   bear_laugh

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Told you so ... Told you so ... na na na ..... now you wont want to go back to synthetics Estelle .....

Todmorden West Yorkshire

OK your allowed to do the told you so dance you were sooooooo right
andancingbear.gifandancingbear.gifandancingbear.gifandancingbear.gifandancingbear.gif

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

The first step can be a doozy.....but once you take it you'll NEVER GO BACK...HE HE HE  love it when the sceptical ones become believers......then 'we who know' can do the Told-ya-so dance :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh gee, you took your time to try mohair!! Isn't it to die for?? Mmm mohair (Homer Simpson voice LOL)

I'm an addict, and my fav shop, Gerrys in Australia is having a 20% off EVERYTHING including mohair, so of course I ordered big.  But it's strange, I have found that there's not many mohairs left suitable to my bears that I Haven't already got LOL

Danni

Board footer