Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

pittapatta Cape Town

I have just joined the tt site, and thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is Charron Knight, but I prefer to be called Charni, which is what all my friends and colleagues call me.
I live in Cape Town, which is the southern-most tip of Africa, and the most beautiful place in the world.  (Of course I am not at all biased.)
I have worked in the fashion industry all my life, and still am at age 61, (very fit!), at this time as a CAD pattern maker, although I started as a Designer.

As some of you may guess from my avatar and personal photo, I was until recently also a breeder of Labrador retrievers.   
For all the joy and privelege with which I was blessed while I was involved in breeding, I found I could not let go of the constant worry about the welfare of the puppies I had bred and sold; and my requirements for potential owners was COMPREHENSIVE!!!!    I decided, therefore, to cease breeding, and now I only show for those people who are interested in showing the dogs they have purchased from me.

So, and now to teddies!
For very obvious reasons, if you take my two photos as an indication of my great love and passion for Labradors, Teddies were the only substitute possible - so here I am.

A novice at this stage, I have made my first 2 bears, and learned enormously from both of them, although I have a million questions to ask, and am at this stage working only in synthetics - can't afford to mess up beautiful and very expensive mohair or wool!!

I hope for lots of tips, lots of conversations, and perhaps some way down the road I will post a photo of one of my bears.

Tatty Bears South Australia

Hi & welcome Charni,
                   I am sure you are going to love it here and you will learn soooooo much, everyone is so helpful, so sit back and enjoy!!!
Bear hugs to you,  bear_wub

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Hi Charni

Welcome to the site, you will make lots of lovely new friends here  bear_grin

I too LOVE dogs and have a gorgeous black labrador called Jager who is now 4 years old.  If you look on my website you can see 2 photos of her, one as a puppy and one as the big girl she is now  bear_wub

Without bears and dogs the world would not be such a nice place!!

Hugs

Lisa x

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Hi Charni, and welcome to TT.  You will find all that you are looking for here, and then some.  And I must agree that the only fault a dog has is their longevity!!!!!  :hug: tc

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Charni . . . we are so pleased you joined us!  Your labs are beautiful and I'm sure it must not have been easy to give up breeding them.
Making teddies, on the other hand, is a very rewarding/satisfying activity, also, and it won't be long until you are as addicted to it as all of us here are.  If you haven't already discovered it, we have an extensive library full of useful information on many aspects of bear-making . . . it's right above your post on the left side.  Looking forward to seeing your bears.

pittapatta Cape Town

Thank you so much all of you!  I am very happy to be here, and although I am aware that in the beginning I will be taking away a lot more than I will be putting in, I hope that will change in the fullness of time.
I look forward to the learning and growing curve.
I also make costume jewellery, so I will be incorporating some of my pieces into the teddys' embellishments.
I did keep two of my breeding bitches, although they are now neutered - one black and one yellow, the black is Eve, and the yellow Moya.  I am quite sure that at some point in time there will be bears named for them.   bear_laugh  bear_thumb

bearlady13 Posts: 177

Welcome to TT.  Glad to have you here. Lovely Lab. Hope to see some of your teddybears on here also. You will find lots of teddy friends here and they love to share what they know.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Charni! bear_flower

Becky

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hello and a big welcome from me too  bear_flower 

Pauline

Board footer