Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

melancholy Posts: 0

Hi folks!
This is my first posting here, however bears have been a big part of my life esp over the past few years since I met and married my wife.  Her bears have always been part of her family growing up and continue to be a part of our lives now.

I am looking for a particular bear.  She probably received him in the late 1970's as a gift from southern California although my suspicion is perhaps he's dated anywhere from the 1960's to 1970's.  He is about 17 inches tall, grey (but perhaps used to be yellow), and apparently came with a yellow ribbon way back when.  I think he has glass eyes, but not entirely sure.  His stuffing is foam (as confirmed when her family did "surgery" and restuffed our dear friend with some free materials from Build-A-Bear.  Awesome!).  Given the unjointed limbs and fur (synthetic plush?  not mohair), my guess is still 1960's/1970's. 

I've tried combing ebay, but have not gone through all 13 thousand entries for vintage bears.. working my way through them slowly.

I have included a link to pictures which I hope will be helpful.  Please let me know if this link to the gallery does not work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68237016@N05/

Thanks so much for any advice or suggestions to help in my quest!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Wendy Boston Bear...?

Board footer