Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Karon Posts: 751

I am communicating via my iPhone and I have pics of my dogs on it. Is it possible to post pics from my phone to teddytalk and if so how.

Went treat shopping for the dogs today, great fun!

Little Willy is now sitting on command, with no treat reward except praise, how smart is he?

Karon xxx

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Start a message.  Click on the "Img" button right above the text box.

You'll go to another screen.  Click the "Choose File" button.

You'll get a pop-up:  "Take a Photo or Video" or "Choose Existing."
If you choose "Take a Photo" your camera will turn on.
If you choose "Existing" another popup will appear where you can select a photo.
Once you have chosen a photo, click the button marked "Upload File."

If that's the photo you want to post, click "OK."

Follow through with the rest of your post.  Should be the same as usual from there.

BTW:  Willy does tricks for you because he thinks you are cool!  :cool:
Unless there is bribery involved, most dogs won't do tricks for humans they don't think are cool.  bear_original

Thanks Randy, will try your directions tonight when I have time to mess about with phone.

Feel really proud that Willy thinks I'm "cool"! Jamie is very treat motivated, although sometimes I make him work for no treat so he doesn't get it every time. But then with a cross between an English Toy Spaniel and a Pug what can you expect. Lol

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

If your phone has bluetooth, it may be easier to move the pics to your PC with that, then post. Thats what i do, i can never figure out how to post from my phone either hehe.

Hi Jen

Unfortunately I don't have a PC!! Gonna try the other suggestion, will have to write it all down first though!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

It's not that difficult.  Just tap the "Img" button on the post page.  The iPhone tells you what to do.  Just follow along.

It's almost the same as doing it on your computer.  There's just a couple of pop-ups.

I very nearly got there but then it said image was too big. HELP!! It came up with gobblydegook I didn't understand about URL and htpp.? If it relevant at all my phone is an iPhone 4S

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I don't think it's your phone.  I think it's the website.
There is a 1024KB limit on photos.  There might be a physical size limitation, too.  I don't know for sure.  It doesn't say on the upload dialogue and I don't upload enough photos, here, to remember the limit.

There are two things you can do in order to resize the photo on your iPhone before uploading:
1)  Use the "Photo" app that comes standard on your iPhone to crop the photo and make it smaller.
2)  Use a resizing app like "Simple Resize."  Get it for free at the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple- … 76379?mt=8

Making the photo smaller should allow you to upload it.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Photo size limit:
Note: Photos must be in JPG format at 72 dpi with maximum width of 600 pixels and file size less than 250kb.

Keep trying, Karon!
Becky

Little Nan Posts: 233

Hi Karon ,
If its any consolation I have exactly the same problem uploading pics on here , always comes up with ,  image too big ! Have managed it a couple of times though ! Trouble is I can't remember what I did !  bear_grin
Nan

Board footer