Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Erin Seals Stonesthrow Critters
Magnolia, AR

Hi everyone!

I finally got far enough to dare posting! I have been working on turning fabric into friends since June, although, I spent two months thinking about how to do it before I started.  This site, and all of you fabulous creators have been an incredible help!

I started making when my best friend, Merlin, died after 15 years. Merlin was a cat. He was born under my bed when I was nine, and was mine immediately. He chose me. I miss him a very great deal.

This is not Merlin, but I named him Albus because I needed a white wizard. Gandalf was already taken. Merlin was all black, but I got here with the help of a very talented and generous artist who, when I expressed concerns that I might want to love the first, told me to make the first in white.  He is made of an incredibly cheap plush. $4 a yard at Joann's... but I also used a (mostly) original pattern, locline and wire armature, hand-painted glass eyes, leather nose, and horsehair whiskers.

1414117178_fb_20141023_21_17_29_saved_picture.jpg

1414117545_fb_20141023_21_24_25_saved_picture.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great work, Erin . . . and welcome to Teddy Talk!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome! bear_flower I'm in the U.S., but not Arkansas. Your kitty is fantastic!

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, you did a great job with Albus, Erin!  bear_thumb  He has a beautiful face and lovely expression.
Welcome to TT!  bear_flower

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Lovely work Erin and welcome to the forum!  bear_wub

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_flower Hello Erin and welcome to TT. Albus is fab' and hard to believe your first go - you obviously have a lot of natural talent bear_original
michelle

Erin Seals Stonesthrow Critters
Magnolia, AR

Thank you, everyone!

Edmondnutmeg, I had a lot of guidance! I would have wasted a lot of time with a head pattern that wouldn't have worked. That's the most important part I think!

Board footer