Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

LitWit Posts: 298

I suddenly realized last night that hardly any of my bears have names. In fact, I can only think of one bear off the top of my head that I've named. I've only bought one artist bear that came with a name (Carrousel, Sir Edward bear_happy ), and I don't have any of the Gund or Russ bears that come with names from the manufacturer.

So what are your bear-naming practices? Do you tend to keep artists' names for your bears? Do you refer to your bears by names at all?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

It's a mixed bag for me. Some of my  bears came with names that just seemed perfect (or I gave them a great name), and I tend to remember those. For others I'd need to look up the name if the bear came with one. In general, though, I think of my bears more in terms of what they look like and which bears they hang out with rather than by a name. (My bears always seem to cluster in pairs or groups. Very few are "loners" bear_grin )

Becky

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I generally like to leave a bear with his given name by the artist or manufacturer because I figure they know best,  but there are some exceptions......occasionally I'll name the bears (or bunnies) that have no names that I know of...but then sometimes I forget (oops) and have to stare into their eyes to see if I can remember.  lol  (It's an age thing).

There's these two silly bunnies that I bought down the shore one year on a whim because they were so darn cute, looking at me through the window of the shop.....begging me to take them home.....sooooo......presenting....Nit and Wit! bear_wub

1409870425_img_7057.jpg

Phil@TC Coventry
Website

Of course, all bears should have names.

1419232014_1266_visitors_from_coventry_13dec08.jpg

Love from Blake (top right, in the hat), Alexander (the big one), Lucy (sitting on Alexander's lap - actually I'm a dog), Windy (the colourful one - I'm in charge), George (in the green scarf) and Professor Emerson (with the bow tie).

Board footer