Hi everyone! My name is Natasha and I am a teddybearholic! Hehe! I used to make mohair teddy bears however I've had to downsize and I don't have the space to do that and I thought I would love to learn how to do needlefelting. The thing is I learn visually rather than with books and I was wondering where do I start? Are there any video tutorials I can watch? I've searched youtube but most of them are in Japanese! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks everyone
Hi Natasha. I learned doing needle felting by watching you tube videos. This was a view years back so I can not remember the videos I watched. I found this one which is a very basic needle felted heart. I will look and see if I can find any more links for you.
I find that it is easier to lean visually too. This site has some wonderful youtube tutorials and also has links to a Face book forum. Non for a bear as such (the principal is the same) but it is very informative on technique
Good luck let us know how you get on
I'm self taught ,been felting since 2005, hope this helps.
* needles - use #36 for forming the initial shape. #38 and#40 for refining, detail and definition.
* Visually break down your creation into basic simple shapes
* Use a Romney wool for basic shape, refine and add detail with fine merino
* Use 20 gauge floral wire for armatures
* There are several felting tutorials on Pinterest
Need help with any sourcing, just ask, Mikki