Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I'm needle felting a face today and I broke the only 2 needles I had!  UGH

New shipment supposed to arrive Wednesday!

Frustrating!

Elli Posts: 102

I know this feeling too well! bear_grin I had 20 needles, now I only have 2 left and I don't dare to use them anymore until I can order new ones. I guess I'll need another 20 to complete my project. bear_rolleyes

What kind of face do you make, is it a bear or something else?

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Website

Its a bear face.  I'm trying to make one with a more realistic look! 

Its a completely new design that i've been working on but when i look at it it still looks so similar to all my other designs!! UGH. have to see when i'm completely finished what the final bear looks like!

Elli Posts: 102

I also have this problem, with needle felting I tend to make the same mistakes as on my sewn designs. I guess it's hard to go against your style.  bear_happy

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I understand your frustration, I order 25 or 50 at a time.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Website

I'm waiting on 50 needles arriving any day. Sooner rather than later would be good!  Checking the post office every night on my way home from work!!!

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Red Farm on EBay sell 100 count at a good price, FAST delivery.

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

In order to prevent your felting needles from breaking my advice is putting in the needle under a straight angle and especially try to avoid moving / twisting the needle whilst it is still in your bear's head (or other body part). The metal of felting needles is 'hardened' which - and I know this may sound silly - causes the metal to break when moving/twisting the needle as described before. I hope this helps; it most certainly will help reducing costs and preventing frustration and bad mood bear_happy

Board footer