Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Lanctot’s Loveables Teddy - Handmade collectible teddy bears by Rhonda-Lynne Lanctôt. Bears ranging in size from 0.75 inches to 21 inches.

Lyntonteddybears Lynton Teddy Bear Company
Bedfordshire

Hi everyone

I have visited your fantastic forum library many times for tips and techniques and thought about joining but just never got around to it somehow until now!

I 'dabbled' in bearmaking many years ago and enjoyed selling my creations at fairs and through a local shop. As so often happens, family life took over and I stopped making apart from the odd gift. About a year or so ago I came across my mohair stash in an underbed storage box gathering a thick layer of dust. Looking at all the fabulous artist bears available and how the techniques and quality had changed so dramatically over the years was pretty daunting I have to say, but also exilerating - so many new ideas!! So I took the plunge and am enjoying creating again. I still have limited time as I work too but my children are grown teenagers and fend for themselves most of the time (apart from lifts here and there, of course) but any free time I have is spent in the blissful abandon of creativity. My long suffering family look on this as 'complete furry chaos' as I take over the lounge and sometimes, I admit, I do loose pins/needles/stuffing sticks etc. down the side of the settee to be found by the next unfortunate person to sit there.....and yes mohair fibres are deeply attracted to my daughter's favourite pair of black jeans - I did briefy try to blame our cats - but to date we don't own a blue cat so that one didn't really work . .

Looking forward to chatting with other like minded teddy bear lovers and developing my skills as an artist along the way!

Lyn x

Ps put this post in the wrong place at first duh!!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome, Lyn! I really like you polar-bear avatar. bear_flower

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Lyn and welcome to TT!  bear_flower

I had a look at your Etsy shop and I am very pleasantly surprised!   bear_smile
You have made some really beautiful bears: Baffin, Bellini, Buttons, Sullivan, ...   I could see them in my hug.  bear_whistle

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Lyn . . . we're very happy to have you as a member.  Lovely bears!

koonienett Lüdinghausen
Website
Lyntonteddybears Lynton Teddy Bear Company
Bedfordshire

Thank you all for the lovely welcome - i'm so glad to finally be here!!

Lyn  bear_original

Board footer