Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Figartteddy Posts: 14

Hello everyone, I have been making teddies now for a few years, just as a hobby which has developed into a passion! I would appreciate any tips and advice, thank you, Mary.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hello Mary and welcome to TT!  :rose:

You will find lots of useful tips in the LIBRARY section; but don't hesitate to ask anything you can't find. 
And don't hesitate to show us your creations too!  bear_smile

Thank you Peter Bear for your very kind welcome! I started only last year making bears and I mostly make the traditional looking Stieff bear as I prefer this look, I still have a lot to learn and unfortunately Ireland does not have a lot of bear makers or collectors either as far as I can see from Internet research. I would so love to meet up with other bear makers just to exchange tips and ideas etc. At the moment I make only for pleasure for family and friends and do not as yet sell my bears. I will post some pictures soon!

I have shared a picture of a bear I made recently on the TT Facebook page, I would appreciate any comments and honest appraisals, thank you all very much! Mary.

Greenie Posts: 9

welcome you2  and i try to find you on  facebook bear_happy

Greenie Posts: 9

But i cant find your picture

Figartteddy wrote:

I have shared a picture of a bear I made recently on the TT Facebook page, I would appreciate any comments and honest appraisals, thank you all very much! Mary.

koonienett L├╝dinghausen
Website

Hello everyone and thank you all for the welcomes! I have a Facebook page under the name Brown Bear if anyone wants to have a look at some of the bears I made, thank you!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Thank you, Mary; it took me a while to find it (you can't imagine how many "Brown Bear" pubs and restaurants there are   bear_wacko ), but here is the link to the BROWN BEAR FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/BrownTeddyBears?pnref=lhc

Millie is a beautiful classic teddy and I also like your other bears very much.  bear_wub

Thank you very much Peter Bear! Sorry you had difficulty finding me as I should have realised Brown Bear would be a very common name! I love the classic look teddy bear and my aim is to strive for perfection each time I make one, I am very happy that I have joined TT and as an amateur bear maker, I really appreciate critical comments and advice, I know of only one other lady here in Ireland who makes bears of this kind but she does this as a business whereas, at least for the moment, I do it as a hobby and for pleasure. I look forward to keeping in contact with you all! Mary.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Welcome, Mary!  What great bears you make!  I love the nose on your bear with the blue ribbon!

Thank you very much EJ, I need to practice sewing noses of different styles and I very much like precision sewing, I think this comes from my background in tailoring, I look forward to talking again soon, have a good day from sunny (at the moment) Donegal in Ireland! Mary.

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Hi Mary,a warm welcome to this friendly forum  bear_flower .
I'm also a hobbyist of a few years,made 10 bears so far for family & friends but can't master that nose embroidery,you could give lessons,your noses are great  bear_grin .
Love traditional bears and yours are very loveable  bear_wub .You'll find lots of tips and advice here.I've always been encouraged by the members with helpful answers to my queries and great support and feedback.Keep posting photos of your lovely creations.

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Hello Mary and welcome to TT  bear_flower Your bears are lovely  bear_wub Have you checked out the library here on TT? it's a fantastic resource jam packed with advice on all topics. Sometimes it takes a bit of navigating as there is so much in there and you end up finding out things you didn't even know you needed to know  bear_original Happy browsing.......
michelle

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! It's just so nice to be in contact with other bear makers and I have already started browsing the library and yes, so much there and already I have picked up very useful tips! I am already enjoying enjoying myself!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Mary . . . so pleased to have as a member!

Board footer