Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I have recently moved house, and as such we've had to rethink how to display the teddy  bears.  Before the house move, I had rather shamefully had a few shelves in the bedroom and crammed as many bears as I dare onto them, whilst trying to keep the walls from collapsing under the weight.  :)

We were lucky enough to spot in BHF (British Heart Foundation) in Southampton, an ex-shop display cabinet made of solid glass.  Knowing how much they would have cost even vaguely new (a good £600), I snapped this up.

Now this sits proudly in our hallway.  Esmé has done a good job at arranging the bears, I feel, and although it's a rather novel take on displaying bears, they all fit (just) -- and this has now meant they can be grouped into a nicer hug, rather than sitting linearly on a shelf.  The only problem is we possibly won't be expanding the hug any time soon without first working out where (if at all; space is at a premium!) we could put another teddy bear.

I know some people have a dedicated room(s), alas, we don't have that luxury.

-- Thomas Adam

IMG_20150315_155329.jpg

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Now, that's a GREAT display piece!!  Love it!  Nice space between the shelving, too, so you can fit nice size bears in there!

I have bears sitting on top of bears in some of my cases....

Don't forget though --- there's always room for one more bear!   bear_grin

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That is one adorable tower of bears, and there's a lot to be said for both dust-free and space-efficient.

I have a similarly shaped bookcase where a lot of my bears live. One thing I've done is to include some "risers" (just small boxes) toward the back to get a few of the bears up off the shelf and more visible. Other than that, Esme has already put little bears in front of bigger ones, and just generally made then look cute together. Well-done, both of you!

Becky

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Interesting, thanks all!

Becky, dust-free was definitely an important decision since teddy bears can get dusty, as well you know.  bear_original  It's unfortunate that height per-shelf isn't an option, but I see what you mean:  Esmé has done a very good job at grouping the teddies; keen to get Scrappy at the front.  bear_original

Oscar resides in the lounge on top of his milking stool; I suspect we'll get a few more bears there in time, but he rather suits the milking stool, and for that, we're both happy.  bear_original

-- Thomas Adam

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Yes, I saw Scrappy right away, and Stitchy too!  bear_original  Maybe Oscar will enjoy some extra hugs and pats from his special spot.

Becky

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Very nice  bear_wub Ahhh if only we could have houses like Dr Who's tardis!  bear_noexpression
michellex

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website

It looks wonderful Thomas.  bear_wub

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Its Great well done ill be walking around now trying top find Stores that ARE Closing Down OR Being Renivated

Honeytown Posts: 8

What a great way to display your bears--Out of the dust and still completely visible, really beautiful!  bear_original

Board footer