Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

I made this little bear from a pattern designed by Megan Wallace of Tinsoldiers as a gift for a friend.
She is a romantic soul so I inserted a musical box with the Dr Zhivago theme and for her love of ballet I placed a silver ballet shoe charm around his neck. I knitted the aqua marine coloured scarf to reflect her birthstone to add to the personalisation .
I found it quite tricky to 'hide' the music box so it couldn't be felt on the outside and to balance the weight so he would stand independently but I got there in the end.
I'm pleased that he was really appreciated as I felt a bit sentimental about letting him go,how mad is that? bear_rolleyes

Oops! Here's the photos.

Thanks Pink,I'm glad you like him. bear_flower
He brought a tear to her eyes but they were happy tears.

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Oh yes I feel like that over every bear  bear_rolleyes You'd think I would get use to it by now but nope always the same happy /sad moment as I cover their little face in the packing bag. He is a very lovely bear and can totally understand why you are so attached, be proud that you made him  bear_original
michelle

Thanks Michelle   bear_flower .
Good to know I'm not alone in feeling that 'empty nest' syndrome for a Teddybear and I can stop worrying about the white coats coming to take me away  bear_grin .

Board footer