Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

sunset1small.jpgsunset3small.jpgsunset2small.jpgOne of the things I most miss about living in Canterbury is the wonderful sunsets.  There have been some amazing sunsets since I've been home for Christmas and last night was one of the best.  I snapped a couple of shots and ust had to share them.  It was a nor'west wind (hot and dry - like wallking in a hairdryer!) which creates a cloud formation known as the "nor'west arch".

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW - very gorgeous!!  Glad the sunsets were there for you to enjoy while you were home.  They remind me of sunsets in west Texas where I grew up.  The land out there is flat with not much vegetation and the beauty of it is in the remarkable sunrises and sunsets.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Very dramatic!   I can see why you'd miss them!!!  WOW!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, Melissa!!!!!! Gorgeous!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

A lovely sunset Melissa - thanks for sharing and I hope that you are having a lovely time down South
with your Family.

I have relations that lived in Pleasant Point out from Temuka and I remember what the Nor'Westers
were like,  the only thing you could do was go swimming in the river to cool down or laze about
in under the shade of the trees.

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Thanks for sharing that Melissa as wouldn't you know it I missed it - must have been inside watching TV...I mean sewing bear_innocent

Mel

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

such lovely pictures! I love a good sunset. We get some amasizng sets and rises here as well. Always a joy to see.

Mel, Love your aviator!!!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Heather,

I saw "Einstein" Mel's avatar bear on Friday - he is simply amazing and I tried to make her put photos of him on the showcase but she wouldn't - she needs to!!  His little head and upper body are all fuzzy wuzzy - and the shading around his face is incredible - needlefelting at its absolute best!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Simply lovely Melissa

How beautiful and how inspiring

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Soooo pretty!

I just realized, after reading this thread, that we have three folks posting regularly who hail from New Zealand.  I realized there were some, but I didn't put it together until just now.  That is incredibly cool!  I'm talking to New Zealand!

Does it really look like The Shire/Middle Earth there???

:)

PS How tired are you of THAT question?  But I admit, I'm dying to know.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oooh, that's gorgeous!!!  Small wonder you missed them....  bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Melissa thank you for sharing those photos I love to see a good sun set and sun rise.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I can see why you miss it, Melissa.  Thanks for sharing those pics.  bear_original

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

MIB1503Sunset-on-The-Seashore-Posters.jpgVery beautiful melissa this is the sunset on the sea shore

Board footer