Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

bear_original  Happy New Year Everyone. I have started with my eating habbits first. I am taking one meal at a time trying to eat right. I have got an appointment with my gym instructor on thursday so will start exercising. Mind you all the boxes Im packing and moving and all the cleaning must help a bit I hope  bear_happy  Will weigh in next week. Good luck everyone you are all so inspirational  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GO TEAM!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

When did we start this post? That's how long I have been without chocolate.

AAARRRGH!!!!!

but I am having an easier time than the hubs.  He has started subtly tearing apart the house searching.  He is convinced I still have some hidden somewhere.  Well I do.  But I wont tell him where.  And he never find it then those are good hiding places for other things too.....like birthday pleasants.

I even gave up my snickers minis with my meds.  UGH  try taking 12 pills at night without something to help them get down and stay down.

I do get to use one of my favorties products- 8th continent chocolate soy milk light.  90 calories, no fat and lots of protien......so until I can go snickering again it gets the pills down.  and it is sort of like eating snickers or Ritter Sport or Toblerone......sort of.....

good luck everyone

I hope we all win!

dilu

I also discovered that our dvd/vhs doesn't play the vhs yoga tapes I already had.  And we can't figure out why.  So I have ordered new yoga dvds.

It isn't the exercise I prefer but it is doable so I will do it.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

When did we start this post? That's how long I have been without chocolate.

Dilu...  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think for my resolution I would like to price my bears higher  bear_happy  and learn learn learn new things!  I also would like to start exercising again... I don't have a weight issue but I would like to be healthier... I use to work out but I was getting to skinny... I went from 112 lbs to 102... YIKES  I just wanted to tone and I lost all of my curves .... I would like to find a workout that I dont lose my curves, just tone them bear_original

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Awwwwhhhh, Dilu  :hug:  It'll get easier as time goes on.....   bear_thumb

I was so proud of myself...I did my balance ball workout this morning  bear_grin  Well that's one small step for me  bear_grin I'll have to park a post it in front of the computer asking if I've done my exercise in the morning before I can get to TT....otherwise I get on here, and the morning flies by and I'm playing catch up the rest of the day, and of course my exercise goes the wayside  bear_rolleyes

Judi, I really like your idea of parking the weights in the kitchen and doing reps whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.  Oooh, I could even do a few reps while crusing on TT!!!   bear_thumb  Now there's an idea....

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

That's when I do my weights, I have dial up so I get some lifts done while reading posts. Now to get that yoga going and stop eating food that I'm allergic to  bear_rolleyes   :redface:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Can i join in please?

I want to some lose weight - well, not exactly SOME more like LOADS  bear_wacko

I weighed myself yesterday  bear_cry  and  bear_cry  discovered  bear_cry  that my lovely bod had degenerated into a wibbly wobby blob
bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry

I won't cheat and i won't lie about my progress but i WILL send Sue Ann a PM letting her know all the disgraceful details of my blubber

bear_tongue

GOOD LUCK GIRLS  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Penny xxx

nettie scotland
Website

Today I got up and weighed my booty!!!
I discovered it had become large and fruity!!
I now weigh a staggering ten stone four
Soon my behind won't fit through the door!!
With TT's help I will lose 18 pounds
Hope it's as easy as it sounds!!!
I already walk 2 hours a day
If I walk anymore I will be too far awaaaaaaaaaaaaay
I plan to do the same but go much quicker
And not take a along a fattening snicker!!!
Lets hope we all become slim and healthy
I also would like to be very wealthy!!!

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Girls,
              Weighed in and started with a healthy breakfast and lunch, I just want to wish us all Good Luck and hope to report next week that I have lost some pounds.

Diane ,your poetic Masterpiece was so funny, keep up the good work girl.

Dilu. My friend,do you think that I could do Yoga????,if so would I be better doing a class or getting a DVD??.

Speak Soon.  Rita xxxx

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Rita,yes of course you could do yoga. In the town near where I live there is a Scottish lady named Ella and she is in her 60's and she has been teaching yoga classes for years.
  I like to do the DVD's because it's hard to get out to classes each week and I like the convenience of them. There are programs on TV also.Yoga Zone is my favorite but there are others. I've been trying to get my MOm and her Breast Cancer Dragon Boat team to try but no luck yet.
Let me know how you get along  :hug:   :hug:

Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Shari,
             Just the fact that I have never done Yoga at all ,I wondered if at 67 I was a tad too old to start, I am reasonably fit and would like to do something challenging for 2006.  Brave Hugs Rita xxx

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

:hug:  Yoga would be perfect,it's all about stretching and strengthening.It's not about putting your leg behind your head or being a pretzel. You can check with your Doctor but I'm sure you will get the "go ahead" and there are tapes or DVD's for all levels and ranges. Do you have cable or satellite TV? If so check out your fitness stations or Health stations. Keep me posted ,you can definitely do this!!    :hug:   :hug:   :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Diane - That was brilliant poetry!

Rita - My mom is 66 and just returned to yoga after a 20 year sabatical! She's NOT in shape at all but is finding the yoga is doing her a lot of good so I don't think you should have any worries. You could always check with your doctor first if that would ease your mind. She and I are doing DVDs at home... they make them geared toward so many different needs, beginners, weight loss, stress reduction, age related, you name it.

nettie scotland
Website
Wisdom Bears wrote:

Hi Shari,
             Just the fact that I have never done Yoga at all ,I wondered if at 67 I was a tad too old to start, I am reasonably fit and would like to do something challenging for 2006.  Brave Hugs Rita xxx

Rita,
I do yoga every day and it has almost cured a neck problem I have had for years.I bought a dvd and follow that.I only do abou 15 mins a day but the difference is great.I don't think 67 counts as too old for anything!!!!
Diane xxxx

Ayrshire, Scotland.

Whaaaaaaaaaa Shari and  Diane, You have both given me great hope,I,m off to search for DVD,s now . Will give you a report as to how I am getting on.  Hugs Rita xxxx

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Well this morning I went for an eight klm walk.... can anyone give me a name of a good dvd I have two yoga video's and they are much too difficult with my back I would love to get back into it again ....I used to do it 30yrs ago and I loved it ...lost 6 stone that was after the birth of my children ... I never seemed to lose the weight I put on when I was pregnent and after the third child I was up to 14 stone and got down to 7.12 in four months I managed to keep it off untill I did my back in and then went through menopause and giving up smoking ...... and my food addiction .. I am now back up there again ......  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

My local grocery store carries a large variety of yoga video's and has had one that was for people with a bad back and neck. I'm not sure of the name of the series but I hope you can find it without too much trouble. :hug:   :hug:

OK guess who is complaining about not having crunchy snack stuff.  So I spent some time last night (2AM) mulling over how I could make his favorite snack food with less salt and a lot less fat.

(He has a penchant for chex mix type stuff)

Mazola has put out a new butter flavored spray, so I thought I could dump the cereal etc. into  bag and shake and spray and shake and spray and shakeandspray...then I used a quarter total of the fat called for.....Normally 6 T melted butter 6T oil......Instead he got 2 melted butter 2 oil with half the salts, (garlic, seasoned and worchester (sp) sauce stuff in it.)

Then I poured that over and shook it all up really well......

I think the shaking is the key to mixing it up well....

Well after baking it for 2 hours and letting it cool, I have to  say  I like it a lot better.  The real stuff has way too much salt in it for me.

He asked what happened, it tasted different. 

I said, Gee, I'm not exactly sure what all happened.

But he is eating it.

If I told him it had half the butter he would turn up his cute little nose, well at least until he got desperate.

Now I am thinking I should use TOTAL cereal, to increase the vitamin content....

I tried raw vegys with a fatfree Ranch dressing.....I loved it he thought I was nuts.

And then last night I smelled chcolate on his breath when he got home from work!

Now that is just too much!!!!!!!!angry-smiley-019.gif

Can you imagine?!  u055.gif

I  gently suggested that he'd do better to come home from work smelling of perfume than chocolate.

He laughed and said it wouldn't happen again...... a015.gif

hmmmm

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HA HA HA HA!  Caught him cheating on you with a chocolate bar, huh??!!  Well, it is very tough to go cold turkey after having all that decadent holiday food . . . I have been hungry all day long, but find if I drink enough liquid, it will fill me up.  NOT satisfying at all, but I do feel full.  You did REALLY well with your substitute snack mix, Dilu.  I am finding that portion control is gonna be tough for me . . . I want BIG servings, but guess I'll eventually adjust.  Keep at it, my challenge friends . . . we will do this for ourselves and everybody that loves us!!  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

And then last night I smelled chcolate on his breath when he got home from work!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I'm not liking the scale 136 as of this morning bear_angry  so I spent 30 minutes on a stationary bike!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,you go Jenn!!  :dance:   :dance:   :hug:   :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I felt really guilty today so have to confess...........

Day 2 of the challenge and I already GOOFED BIG TIME!

I started off with a good healthy breakfast. Then late morning hubby and I decided to take a day trip. Realized about an hour into our travels that we hadn't planned for lunch. So, stopped at our favorite donut shop and I got my usual....half hot chocolate/half french vanilla coffee with cream. It's like second nature to order it, I don't think twice so it wasn't deliberate. Then hubby orders me a chocolate donut..... my weakness! Mmmmm! What a treat that was going to be! We get back in the truck to continue on when it hits me that I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EATING LIKE THIS ANYMORE! I felt so awful and guilty!!!!  :redface:

Someone, slap my hand with a wooden ruler!

I will not drink hot chocolate and eat chocolate donuts again.

~Daphne Sitting in the Corner with the Dunce Cap On~

Board footer