Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Just wanted to say hello!  I see some familiar faces here, I was a semi-regular member on another bear board which doesn't seem to be working right this second.  While I've never been accused of being overly talkative, I will try not to lurk about too much in the shadows over here. 

For those I have not had the pleasure of meeting (OK, most of you), some quick background.  This is my one year anniversary of making bears, and it has been such a fun year in a very supportive, creative, wonderful industry.  When I originally started with bears a year ago, the plan was to assist my mother in making her bears.  However, I am a Very Bad Daughter, got the bear bug myself and quickly went off and did my own thing and made my own patterns.  I have to admit our true collaborations have proven to be few and far between, though we both work under the same business name "Canna Bear Paint".  The somewhat cryptic business name, for anyone who is confused by it (I think pretty much everybody is) makes reference to my mother's love of gardening (canna lilies, in this case), teddy bears, and painting.  I saw the thread here about gardens, and boy could I contribute a few hundred photos to that one.  You will be spared, however, as while we used to have an entire web site devoted to our garden, we took it down a few years ago, and it's currently stored on an old computer that isn't even plugged in right now.  Yup, you all dodged that one!

So hello again to everybody!  And thanks again to all of you who share your knowledge and opinions so freely in forums such as these.  I have learned so much in such a short time, and I blame most of you for it :D

Cheers,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All ---->  Kelly is also an award nominee! 

Hi Kelly!  Remind me... is it the TOBY or Golden Teddy? I think the latter...

No lurking allowed!  I'm very glad you popped in to say hello.  Welcome, welcome, welcome!

NY

I dunno Shelli, it's going to be hard to hide under rocks with you shoving pointy sticks under them to get me back out again  <poke poke, ouch!>

And thank you for remembering my Nicholas bear, he is indeed a Golden Teddy nominee this year (no-one was more surprised about that nomination than I was!)  I just got my August TBR and I am just astounded to have a bear on the same page as so many talented artists and amazing works of art.  I just love all of the bears in my category, they are all so different!  A little bit of something for everyone.

Cheers,
Kelly

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Welcome Kelly ,
Nicholas is fabulous and gorgeous polar bear !
Congratulations for the Golden Teddy nominee.

Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome Kelly!! Congrats on your nomination - already so early in your career, like Shelli! Way to go!

I'm sure you'll love it here!
Danni
P.S it's so annoying that the "other" board isn't working!  I got notification of a Private Message that I've not been able to pick up LOL

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hiya, Kelly . . . a huge welcome to the board!!  I'm SO glad you decided to speak up, girl!! bear_laugh  Really enjoyed being your (very close!) neighbor at the spring Schaumburg show.  Big congrats for the Golden Teddy nomination - very much deserved!  Tell your mom hi for me, too.  Hope you have fun with us crazy kids on the board . . . just join right in with us!!  bear_grin

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Welcome Kelly! So nice to see you here. The ladies are wonderful and have great tips and are always good for a laugh.

Hugs Louise

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Kelly...Welcome to this wonderful board because all the bear people here are such a great group, we can always use one more ...it just makes the " HUG" bigger...LOl...Winney

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Kelly - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Do you have a pic of this famous Nicholas for those of us who don't get TBR anymore to see???

Danni - I had just posted a question on that 'other' board. I'd post it here but I can't remember what it was! DUH! bear_ermm Your Private Message - it wasn't me this time if that's any help.:P

Glad you've come out of the shadows, Kelly!

Hugs,
Daphne

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

bear_original Hi Kelly, and welcome.  Glad you came to play.  Congratulations on your award nomination. bear_original

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Hi Kelly:  Just wanted to add my congratulations on your nomination, Nicolas is amazing.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Haha Daphne, it's just working again! Yay!  And yes it WAS you! LOL  At least my question has been answered and I have a little longer than I orginally thought! LOL

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Kelly a big welcome, I look forwards to getting to know you. It sounds as if you have jumped right into the bear world in a great way, congratulations on your nomination, Nicolas sound as if he is a great bear. Please can you post a picture of him as I can't seem to get the TBR here in the UK any more.

Hello hugs from the Doodlebears and gollies and me of course!
Jane

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Welcome Kelly and congratulations.

NY

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!  Here is a picture of Nicholas for those who do not get TBR, hope this works...

nicholas.jpg

Cheers,
Kelly

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

H Kelly!  We did meet on another forum.  You bear is beautiful in the Golden Teddy Awards...in fact my bear Darby is also in the same catagory as your Polar bear.:D

Great to have you here!

NY

Good, I figured out the img thing bear_original  Sue Ann, my mom says 'hi' right back at you!  We had fun meeting you and your husband in April, even when squeezing four people into that 2' space between tables.  LOL, no it wasn't that bad.  We had a blast at Schaumburg, looking forward to hopefully many more visits out there.

Kelly

NY

Judi, Darby is amazing! It is Darby and not Derby, right?  I'm listed as 'Karen' under my TBAI gallery photo in TBR and TB&F this month, so I know all about typos bear_original  By the way, I really loved your little boy bear with the frog that you had up on eBay recently.  And I should sign up for your airbrushing class, I know absolutely nothing about it but do have access to a very nice airbrush system.  I guess you haven't seen the last of me  :D

Cheers,
Kelly

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Your bears are wonderful Kelly. For a new artist you have a God given talent!

Hugs Louise

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Beautiful bear Kelly, and once again, Congratulations on the nomination.

Laura Lynn Teddies by Laura Lynn
Lexington, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

A belated "hello" Kelly!  Glad to see ya again!  I still visit both boards... it's nice to see you in both places bear_original  It was great to meet you in person in Schaumburg too!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kelly!  woo hoo yeah

Overly talkative?  I love it.....competition is good for the soul

Glad you came over to visit, hope you stick around.

Love your bears...

wonderful

dilu

Board footer