Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

May I ask what the bear swap is about I have been reading about.  And how many years of experience in making bears before you can join bear_happy
Laurie

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

It was something we did before Christmas Laurie. Everyone who wanted to take part were randomly matched together and then we sorted it out with our parteners. I had a lovely bear from Penny that I opened on Christmas day. It was a great idea.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Laurie,
There was a question in October by Susan 'kraftyladies' if anyone would be interested in a bear swap - if you use the search facility and look for swap then posts initiated by kraftyladies you will be able to see all the postings.  The short version is certain things were ironed out during discussions, then the names of those who had said they would be interested were drawn in pairs - if I remember it right susans mother drew the pairs.  Each pair agreed swap details by private message and now you will see from time to time swap pictures appearing to show how each pair has got on. 
I was paired with Terrie and now she and I have posted our swap bears to one another and are awaiting their arrival.
I do not recall any conditions about how long you had been creating bears only that each person had the chance when they said they would be willing to swap to state things they would not like to swap eg Dilu did definitely NOT want a clown.
I hope that gives a little info for you
:hug: Anne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

It is a way of sharing your work and getting artist bears in return,  It is also a way for really new artists to start working on name recognition.  Be sure you sign up if you are interested.

Some of the folks here were simply too busy doing the work they need to do for the light bill and the new yard of mohair needed to finish the next project to participate.  It was truly a voluntary, you-takes-what-you-get type affair.  And some of us haven't quite finished up yet, or are awaiting delivery.....I think of it as an After-the-Holiday-Surprise

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Swaps are fun!!! I have done 5 so far... only one completly completed (did that make sense).... I still have to make some and some still need to be sent to me..

IT IS SOO MUCH FUN!!! I can see doing more in the future bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Kim, your new bear in the Avatar
is so cute !! You are so creative
for both mohair bear and felted bear!  bear_wub  :clap:
PS. yes...my swap bear for Kim is
almost done ! and I keep saying this from last December ! so sorry!

Hugs/Marie

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kimmy, guilty here too. But I hope I can do it this weekend.  bear_grin  bear_whistle  :twisted:

And as about next swap.... I'M IN!!! :hug: I love it! I look at my swap bears and feel that some part of the artist who made them, here with me!  :hug:  bear_laugh  bear_wub

Julia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is about the best part.. it isnt so much the bear (although getting a bear is great!  bear_thumb ), and Kim (WildThyme) said it before, it is really great to get to know another artist!!! Oh Marie and Julia, I am patient... I cant wait to get them but, as the saying goes, Good things take time!  HE HE HE

i am in for next swap too!!!!  :hug:

Thank you, Marie, that is my newest felted bear, Confetti!!!  :hug:  He is in the for sale section  bear_original

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Let me Know when the next swap is! bear_wub  :dance:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

If there is another swap I want to be included toooooo.  I wasn't sure the last time but Im definately sure this time.  Its funny because Im usually not a 'fence sitter'. bear_whistle

Jane

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

:pray:  Please let me in the swap if there is another one. I would have joined in the last one but knew I had to save to move house and kids both starting new schools. But now I can get back to my bear making. I even have my own sewing room in the next house. Love to join in a swap.  :hug:

Matthea Ontario

I'd love to take part in a swap! I just fear mine aren't up to snuff  bear_sad

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well, I love your avatar bear!

Ok, Gina, you are elected Swap Coordinator!  bear_happy

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, I would love to swap. I really need to finish my mohair bear to make sure it doesn't turn out like crap though!! I have no idea if I'm any good at it yet!  bear_sad

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think I would like a bear from someone I dont have one from already bear_original

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

count me in.  although I have the same worry that mine will not be good enough.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Im in and I will love which ever bear I receive.  Whether you are a beginner of intermediate bear maker they are all made with the same care and love.  And I think that we are all our own worst critic so just relax bear_cool  bear_cool  bear_cool  bear_cool

Thanks Gina for being so kind as to organize the swap - you rock :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Jane :hug:

bear_original  I hope Im not steeping on any toes. bear_sad  But what if we had a theme that everyone worked on in there own style. I am quite happy to swap with anyone. I just worry too that my bears are not good enough as I am a novice myself. :hug:

Thank you Gina :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I am in - and I am glad to know I am not the only one who fears that thier bears may not be good enough.  I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Laurie

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Hello Everyone

I want in on the swap too. Just let me know what to do. I've never done this before but it sounds like Great Fun.  bear_grin

Matthea Ontario

St. Patty's days works for me. A loose theme would be okay too, I'd just like the artists to have 100% creative freedom bear_original

bear_original For me that sounds fine march 17. St Paddys day sounds great as a theme  bear_thumb Thanks Gina for all your hard work  :hug:

St Paddy day works for me.
:hug:
Laurie

Matthea Ontario

Are there any other stipulations? Size, etc...?
I'm excited to do my first swap! When do we get out partners? Jumping the gun a little, I know, but I'm excited  :dance:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

St Paddy's day sounds great!

Pages:

Board footer