Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

"Dude" I love Crush and all the goofy characters! It may have been me who complained about being off topic... But go ahead and blame Daphne!! bear_laugh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

HA HA HA! ROFL!!!!! bear_grin:lol::lol:

I can't even see Ellen's face with out picturing her talking whale!!

And we're forever telling Tucker (who likes to sniff EVERYTHING on his walks) to "Just keep walking, just keep walking!"

I'm glad we're not the only nutty adults who love that movie!!! It was playing in a furniture store one day and my hubby sat right down and watched the whole thing. One of the sales people brought him a soda and offered him a candy bar, apologizing for not having popcorn!!! bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I love love love that movie too--I adore the aquarium scenes. Many of my alltime favorites are animated!

What nice furniture stores you have in NH. If you stand too long watching a video in a Toronto video store, they turn it off. Not too good at customer relations!

Eileen

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow.More great info:P I knew about the different color thread in my bobbin but I only hand sew my bears.I have also used a black fabric marker and an orange one for a rabbit fur bear when I couldn't get orange thread.Gee,I hope my fabric marker does not turn purple,YUK.
  I'm excited about trying invisible thread for my ears though.I'd also like to be a hip chick and hot mama.Bring it on!!:lol:

Hugs and blessings,Shari.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Heyyyyyy you guysssssss

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME THIS ONCE!!!!

For white or light fabric go to the sewing or quilting store and get the water erasable blue markers

PLEASE?!?!?!?

after you sew you spritz with water and it diassappears!  Honest

If I could afford it I would send one to each one of you.....

Quilters use them for marking, and I never had a problem with them not coming out.....

Now I use them for pastel and light bears.....they really really work and you wont have the show through problems anymore

Please try it......

Honestly girls, 

Do I ask that much of you????? :D:D

Try it you'll like it!!!

I have used on all my white mohair....

I'll be honest with you though, I have never tried it on synthetics....

Shari what an adorable angelbear avatar!  Really nice!

ok....I will never ever ever bring up the blue water erasable markers again :)

Dilu

You'll be sorry if you miss out on this tip.........

my lips are sealed.....my fingers are stilled.......

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hey,thanks Dilu,her mane is Angel.She's my only unsaleble bear.Have you tried the purple marker that fades away?It doesn't show up well on dark colors though.
  Happy Day,Shari.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Dilu, you are such a sweet angel.  I just have one question.   You're saying to use iton the fabric and then spritz it away.  But don't we need the markings for say, arm and leg joints ???

I'm confused...  not too difficult to do that to me though :rolleyes::o

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I'm just here to second Dilu's advice on the disappearing quilt marker.

Danni, you leave it on as long as you need it. I guess if you didn't want to leave the joint mark, you could make the hold and spritz any marker that's left. A damp cloth works just as well as spritzing. I've never tried spitting . . .

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yay!!! I'm not the only over ten that loves the Nemo film. I love it and have watched it loads. I also love Lilo and Stich what an ugly looking lovable little alien Stitch really is but I love him!
Now back to pre-school.

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Jane, you're never alone on this forum! There's not much that's too wacko for us!My other favorite bit of Nemo is the pack of seagulls--Mine? Mine? Mine?

Eileen

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I love the" mine,mine mine" seagulls! bear_grin We watched Racing Stipes last night,cute!

Huggs,Shari.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Finding Nemo was on TV last night!!!!:D Tuned in just in time to hear Crush say "Kookookachoo" when talking about how the turtle eggs hatch and the little 'dudes' find their way back to the ocean.

I need to go find me a chat room for Nemo addicts!!! Although I'm thinking I have some pretty good company right here!!:lol::lol:
Daphne

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

The only down side to the blue pens Dilu...is that if you iron them they can become permanent. Not a probelm with bear making since we don't tend to iron our bears:P...but may be worth noting if you use them for patchwork etc.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhhhh  but you see...I don't iron any of those things that I promised never to bring up again!:)

Shari I have used the air erase whatever it is that I am not supposed to talk about butonly in quilting and I thought they took too long to erase....I am a wee bit of an impatient sort......I like being in charge of when I spritz.....I have left the other thing I am not supposed to discuss on for a week. (quilt-cotton)  and still had no problems

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!

Gollyhuggins to all

Dilu

Board footer